You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: The Best of Rough Mixes Disc 2, Round 1

wasted wrote:

Sorry is Get in the Ring II the power ballad.

Eye on You and Zodiac are the challengers to Sorry, Shacklers and ITW. Quick Song is floating inbeteeen.

Zodiac is probably my favorite track here if it was finished, all the badass riffing and transitions, that low slung appeal.

Vote off your least favourite track

P.R.L. 70%
EYE ON YOU 0%
IF THE WORLD 10%
MUSTACHE 0%
QUICKSONG 0%
ZODIAC 13 0%
TONTO 0%
REAL DOLL.com 15%
SHANKLERS REVENGE 5%
I'm SORRY 0%
Total votes: 20
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Realdoll.

PRL blows but at least we do know they were working on something with it.

Realdoll is noise pollution that's not going anywhere.

Sky Dog wrote:

Real Doll just sounds like a loose jam...as does Devious Bastard....Mustache too

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Okay so thoughts:

I'm SORRY

I like the album version despite the cheesy lyrics, however this instrumentally is just so much heavier. It's pretty strong.

I like the instrumental with the heavier guitar better as a Buckethead song, but I think the album version works better as a GNR track.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
huntermc wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Okay so thoughts:

I'm SORRY

I like the album version despite the cheesy lyrics, however this instrumentally is just so much heavier. It's pretty strong.

I like the instrumental with the heavier guitar better as a Buckethead song, but I think the album version works better as a GNR track.

who plays the solo on the album version? the album solo sounds weaker and the instrumental sounds heavier and has different effects on it

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
huntermc wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Okay so thoughts:

I'm SORRY

who plays the solo on the album version? the album solo sounds weaker and the instrumental sounds heavier and has different effects on it

Pretty sure its Buckethead and it's an album highlight.

I know what you mean - the demo sounds choppier which leads me to think Finck. 

Which makes me wonder if Uncle Axl had BH re-do an earlier Finck incarnation of it? Nice note selection but the fluidity of the playing on CD of the Sorry solo is sublime

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

As I remember Sorry, ITW, Shacklers, Scraped all came out/finished of Costanzo  sessions with Bucket in 2004.

Sorry and Shacklers here are much heavier and darker, Zodiac is another one that stands out. Eye on You has potential.

AtariLegend wrote:
wasted wrote:

As I remember Sorry, ITW, Shacklers, Scraped all came out/finished of Costanzo  sessions with Bucket in 2004.

If the World was clearly finished by 2000, probably 1999.

Anyway, P.R.L. and Real Doll are eliminated.

Board footer