You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Goin Down appreciation thread

James wrote:

Been listening to the songs the past hour or so and this came on. It's one of the songs/discs I've pretty much ignored since it leaked.

Third time in a row now. It's actually pretty damn good. In an alternate universe this would have been a nice little deep cut on the album. Could've been the 'So Fine' of the album.

That abomination that leaked a few years ago never should've happened. I'd like to know Tommy's thoughts when first hearing it.

This other Tommy song on the disc... yikes.

When Tommy said there were songs in the vault not worth ever going back to.... he's probably including this one.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Digging up my own thread. This is a very, very good song. Give me this over So Fine any day. And I still prefer the Tommy only version.

Sky Dog wrote:

Solid...oddly the lyrics are Axl-esque but everything else is all Tommy as it leans very heavily towards Village Gorilla Head...not a coincidence as Beaven produced VGH. The other song James referred to is pretty brutal and leans more to a b-side Perfect song....again way more Tommy.

As for So Fine...meh...should have been a Duff solo song or b-side GNR.

tommy duff

James

James wrote:

As for So Fine...meh...should have been a Duff solo song or b-side GNR

It's perfectly interchangeable with the Duff song 'Could It Be U'.

Have Axl sing....

Saw your gaze
It put me in a haze
It was amazing
I saw a little girl
Put me in a whirl
Just left me gazing

And it's basically the same song....

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

i love that Duff cd.

James

James wrote:

Me too. It was in heavy rotation in my house a few weeks ago.

It's definitely loaded with some cheesy lyrics but its still one of the best solo albums from GNR members.

Board footer