You are not logged in. Please register or login.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

Re: Axl's optimism in 2002....

exoterica wrote:

The songs Axl felt were Chinese Democracy were IRS, TWAT, and The Blues.

The above three: mentioned to Rolling Stone in 2000 (first time he talks song titles proper), always leaked together in bunches, and performed frequently.

It's enough to sell a record. Get it out the door.

When a song like Silkworms is being dropped with no replacement, it doesn't inspire confidence in your material.

It's the fire and ice thing. He wanted to do the Elton Rose thing and then do Axl Reznor stuff.

The problem was Oh My God was rejected, Riad was rejected, and Silkworms was a mess.

I think the first two got rejected unfairly but that's neither here nor there.

Silkworms as first encore? Don't make me laugh.

I have always believed that the Rio 2001 setlist should've been CD heavy.

No show in New GN'R history was as CD heavy as that show. And they played Madagascar which was hot off the presses.

Sky Dog wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

The songs Axl felt were Chinese Democracy were IRS, TWAT, and The Blues.

The above three: mentioned to Rolling Stone in 2000 (first time he talks song titles proper), always leaked together in bunches, and performed frequently.

It's enough to sell a record. Get it out the door.

When a song like Silkworms is being dropped with no replacement, it doesn't inspire confidence in your material.

It's the fire and ice thing. He wanted to do the Elton Rose thing and then do Axl Reznor stuff.

The problem was Oh My God was rejected, Riad was rejected, and Silkworms was a mess.

I think the first two got rejected unfairly but that's neither here nor there.

Silkworms as first encore? Don't make me laugh.

I have always believed that the Rio 2001 setlist should've been CD heavy.

No show in New GN'R history was as CD heavy as that show. And they played Madagascar which was hot off the presses.

6 songs mentioned in that interview...Catcher in the Rye, CD, and Oklahoma....February 2000 but the interview was done in late 1999. axl
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi … ks-238599/

first mention of multiple albums as well.....
"Rose does point out that the expense will be less glaring if, as he expects, he gets another record out of the hours and hours of material he’s committed to tape, possibly one that’s even more industrial and electronica-influenced than Chinese Democracy. “I’d like to take some of the old Guns fans along with me gradually into the 21st century,” he says."

exoterica

exoterica wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

6 songs mentioned in that interview...Catcher in the Rye, CD, and Oklahoma....

Yeah, I know, the main point was that it wasn't a coincidence with those three songs constantly popping up.

Or a coincidence why Brain laid down new drum tracks on those over Josh's.

CD was always CD a solid rocker and nothing more, Oklahoma got renamed to Berlin and arguably never got a vocal track. Catcher was mentioned as a lead single once upon a time but Brian May / Robin Finck red tape probably complicated that process.

Sky Dog wrote:

Of course then there is the real first reference to Axl's megalomania and two album plan.....

LIVE!!! from "Burning Hills", California...

Due to overwhelming enthusiasm and that DIVE IN AND FIND THE MONKEY attitude..

#1. There will NOT be a Guns N' Roses tour.

#2. There will NOT be an official Guns N' Roses web site.

#3. There will NOT be any NEW Guns N' Roses videos.

#4. There will NOT be any new Guns N' Roses involved merchandise.

#5. There will NOT be a Guns N' Roses FAN CLUB.

#6. There will be a new Guns N' Roses 12 song minimum Recording with
three original "B" sides.

NOTE: If all goes well this will be immediately repeated.

#7. Moreover - Slash will not be involved in any new Guns N' Roses endeavors,
as he has not been musically involved with Guns N' Roses, since April 1994
with the exception of a BRIEF feel period with Zakk Wylde and a 2 week trial (? - not sure about the word there)
period with Guns N' Roses in the fall of 95. He (Slash) has been OFFICIALLY
and LEGALLY outside of the Guns N' Roses Partnreship since December 31, 1995.

You're Fuckin Crazy is right! axl92 21

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

The perfect world scenario is a new album is released $10, the Chinese B-Sides get put into a deluxe version $20, and a CD boxset drops the same time. I know I'd pay $200 for a Chinese boxset that is well done and consists of 5-6 discs.

Might as well put all the chips on the table.

The idea that Team Brazil is getting the CD stuff as a nest egg is both absurd and disturbing.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

The perfect world scenario is a new album is released $10, the Chinese B-Sides get put into a deluxe version $20, and a CD boxset drops the same time. I know I'd pay $200 for a Chinese boxset that is well done and consists of 5-6 discs.

Might as well put all the chips on the table.

The idea that Team Brazil is getting the CD stuff as a nest egg is both absurd and disturbing.

How can this few  dozen songs be all he has to show for the last 25 years?

What’s that about a nest egg now?

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Can anyone help me out please - all the Locker leaks were on my old laptop which died a sad death. Can someone PM please? Would love to have these again

exoterica

exoterica wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

How can this few  dozen songs be all he has to show for the last 25 years?

Money, bad decision making, Slash marrying Perla, probably.

mitchejw wrote:

What’s that about a nest egg now?

The fan rumor / theory that Axl is leaving the CD vault for Team Brazil after he croaks so they're taken care of.

It doesn't make sense though. So that means it's probably true.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Can anyone help me out please - all the Locker leaks were on my old laptop which died a sad death. Can someone PM please? Would love to have these again

To whomever is willing to upload this stuff, can you send me the following....

Atlas Shrugged (disc one)
Perhaps
Silkworms
If the World
Sorry
Soul Monster
Zodiac
Quick Song
Prom Violence

I have this stuff on my phone but it's all labeled track 1, track 2, etc. I never got around to downloading the updated leaks.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I'd like to second this request as well.  My computer crashed and I lost all the leaks that I had on there.

Board footer