You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Current Events Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

Fox News got taken off UK airwaves for some of it's nonsense a few years back. They ran afoul of Ofcom after trying to suggest there were no go zones around the UK ran by "sharia law" and other bollocks' ect. Then tried to claim they were moving the channel from the UK, because it wasn't commercially viable.

I do watch a bit of CNN though at night, but it is really over the top. Yeah, Trump's a quasi fascist, but does anything else happen state side that doesn't involve Trump, hurricanes or election debates? Not my cup of tea.

There's certainly been issues amongst some of the UK's TV press over the past few years, but it's a million miles away due to broadcasting standards (where you at least have to pretend to be impartial if classified as news).

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

The news channels are pathetic. Especially CNN and Fox. It's just constant dogging of the other side. They don't even qualify as news channels imo.
I do watch them for lol entertainment though.

It's good that you watch them for that reason because that's exactly what they are....

Entertainment.

I want massive changes made in a post-Trump world. Not sure exactly how they'd go about it but I want these so called news outlets to get a massive overhaul.

Go back to reporting the news like they used to and either get rid of the panels of talking heads or put them on podcasts.

If they refuse to do this, I want it scrolling across the bottom of the screen 24/7....

For Entertainment Purposes Only.

The media started going in this direction during the Bush years, went bat shit during the Obama years, and became a monster when Trump entered the equation. They actually played a HUGE role in getting him elected and have turned this country into a hyper-partisan nightmare while covering the presidency as if it were a reality show.

It has to stop.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Yeah the media need to be put in check and I agree with everything you said there. They flame division and its obvious to anyone with ears. It ain't just an American problem either, it's heading the same way over here. The thing is there are a lot of folk who believe everything these channels report.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

The news channels are pathetic. Especially CNN and Fox. It's just constant dogging of the other side. They don't even qualify as news channels imo.
I do watch them for lol entertainment though.

It's good that you watch them for that reason because that's exactly what they are....

Entertainment.

I want massive changes made in a post-Trump world. Not sure exactly how they'd go about it but I want these so called news outlets to get a massive overhaul.

Go back to reporting the news like they used to and either get rid of the panels of talking heads or put them on podcasts.

If they refuse to do this, I want it scrolling across the bottom of the screen 24/7....

For Entertainment Purposes Only.

The media started going in this direction during the Bush years, went bat shit during the Obama years, and became a monster when Trump entered the equation. They actually played a HUGE role in getting him elected and have turned this country into a hyper-partisan nightmare while covering the presidency as if it were a reality show.

It has to stop.

Just reporting the news doesn’t make money or attain viewers in this country...if it did...we’d never have gotten here.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

The media is turning people nuerotic.

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

They're definitely a left-leaning magazine, they've given millions to Democratic campaigns. But it doesn't mean it isn't true. Once we get closer to election a lot is going to drop on both candidates.

mitchejw wrote:

I disagree...in an effort to ‘drain the swamp’ and rid us of Hilary the republicans picked the worst of them all...

They sold their souls to the devil elected a failed businessman reality tv show host who is done all the terrible things they accused the Clintons of....

If you are able to see trump as some sort of sympathetic figure in all this then i seriously question your judgement...

The guy ran for president as a republican, independent and democrat...he has no ideology and no fucks to give

I didn't say he was a sympathetic figure, but if you think he's worse than W, or somehow things have gotten bad because of him, I don't know what to tell you.

To think politics suddenly got bad because of Trump is wrong. The media has gotten worse.

I mean you’re critical of all the same things trump is critical...and almost never critical of him.

That just seems bizarre.

I'm not? I think I'm pretty fair. I definitely don't like where the left has gone, and I'm not going to be quiet over that because of Trump.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

Man, I feel bad for California. Covid on top of wild fires on top of power outages on top of droughts. Damn.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

@Id,
We all have bias even if we realise it or not. Even so I have always found you to be as fair as most can be. Just throwing it out there.   smile

Edit: always civil too I might add.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

@Id,
We all have bias even if we realise it or not. Even so I have always found you to be as fair as most can be. Just throwing it out there.   smile

Edit: always civil too I might add.

I appreciate that. If I'm ever an asshole, I really don't mean to be. 19

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

If you ever are I'll be the first to tell you lol.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Lmao
https://twitter.com/glenarchbold/status/1303258935533752320?s=20

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB