You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

@James
I agree with what you are saying. Actually I prob agree with 99% of all your posts. You look at things from both sides and nearly always give a fair analysis.
That is not what Rocky/Randall does. Much like Mitch (no offense Mitch) but they are too wrapped up in a party to look at things objectively. Drives me nuts.

Edit: Pelosi should have resigned. What she did was a disgrace when families can't even visit a dying relation.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
misterID wrote:

He got good marks at the beginning of the pandemic, even people I know who hate him liked his press conferences. But he allowed all the right wing, conspiracy nuts (anti mask, anti lock down, anti science folks) get in his ear and that's what changed. And they did him in.

I was impressed with how he handled it initially, but yes, he went off the deep end.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Flagg, the point was on the optics - if he had been pro mask it would have looked like he did more. That point flew over your head.

We could have discussion about whether masks help or not but it will be a pointless discussion, so let's not bother.

On protests. The reason I see those slightly different in terms of criticism of people having social gathering is this (and it goes for BLM ones and anti-mask ones): people who participate feel they are doing something very important and so the benefits of protesting outweigh the risk. They feel it is something that needs to happen to affect important change (be that addressing racial inequality or an attack they feel on their civil liberties vis-a-vis masks). A BBQ with neighbours from 5 different households in the middle of a pandemic seems like a less pressing need.

Anyway, it sounds like he's started treatment with some medicine that is for "severe" cases... yet they are talking about discharging tomorrow.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I read someone make the point he very well could be pushing for aggressive treatment to get back on the campaign trail.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

He isn't as ill as I first thought if he is in a car waving at fans, thankfully.
I may not agree with people politically, but I certainly wouldn't wish ill on anyone for it.
He is still being his ignorant self though. By going for a drive he has again put people in danger. He just doesn't get it ffs.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

@James
I agree with what you are saying. Actually I prob agree with 99% of all your posts. You look at things from both sides and nearly always give a fair analysis.
That is not what Rocky/Randall does. Much like Mitch (no offense Mitch) but they are too wrapped up in a party to look at things objectively. Drives me nuts.

Edit: Pelosi should have resigned. What she did was a disgrace when families can't even visit a dying relation.

I have unfortunately placed the responsibility on myself of being the ying to Randall flags Yang.

I would also always take great exception to any political party whose first priority in any election is to suppress the vote.

If Donald Trump ran as a Democrat I would be a Republican. If Donald Trump ran as a Republican I would be a Democrat.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

@James

I have unfortunately placed the responsibility on myself of being the ying to Randall flags Yang.

I would also always take great exception to any political party whose first priority in any election is to suppress the vote.

If Donald Trump ran as a Democrat I would be a Republican. If Donald Trump ran as a Republican I would be a Democrat.

I can understand that. He does make it hard to like him.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Saw this on Twitter:

Trump doesn't wear mask: Put on a mask!
Trump wears mask: LOL a mask!
Trump gets COVID: Faking it!
Trump's COVID is mild: He's dying!
Trump has strong therapies: Too strong!
Trump in hospital: LOL he called a lid!
Trump waves to supporters: He's killing everyone!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Saw this on Twitter:

Trump doesn't wear mask: Put on a mask!
Trump wears mask: LOL a mask!
Trump gets COVID: Faking it!
Trump's COVID is mild: He's dying!
Trump has strong therapies: Too strong!
Trump in hospital: LOL he called a lid!
Trump waves to supporters: He's killing everyone!

It's called Trump derangement syndrome.

This syndrome is misunderstood. The diagnosis is typically handed out to his haters. Unfortunately, our whole culture is infected with it.

Call it the first pandemic on his watch.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You lucked out. The main reason he ran as a republican is he never could've made it out of the dem primaries due to how the DNC rigs it by cherry picking their preferred candidate. He would've instantly been buried.

No genuine outsider, fringe candidate, etc will ever run on the dem side.

He was also smart enough to know the nomination was going to Hillary on a silver platter and she would be the perfect nemesis for an outsider to run against.

Board footer