You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Was Axl considering another KOHD cover on CD?

FlashFlood wrote:

Been listening to the Village discs tonight. Axl actually recorded vocals on the slowed down KOHD. Was he seriously considering releasing it on Chinese? He had to be. Knowing what an apparent act of god it was for him to record vocals, I can’t see it any other way.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah and the Village Sessions recording of it is similar to how it was performed on the 2002 tour.

So if there were plans for it...looks like it was being considered for several years.

I wonder if it would've been one of the potential b sides for the potential 2002 album. It makes little sense for it to actually make the record. KOHD had been released multiple times....

B side in 88-89
Days of Thunder
B side in 1991
UYI II
Single 1992

That's not counting its inclusion on Live Era and GH.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Similar to the re-recording of Appetite around that time, I imagine it was more in line with breaking down a Guns staple in the studio, in the interests of playing it live. But in saying that, it's a very simple song.

I can't imagine it being anything other than that.

AtariLegend wrote:

I don't think so. I think it was just a studio rehersal.

The 02 tour soundboards (Like Boston) are as close as you're getting to a re-recorded Appetite ect (if you don't include Live Era).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I've always been blown away by the fact anybody wanted to hear that AFD rerecording.

It was a waste of that lineups precious time.

It was laughable from the get go.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Knockin sounds similar to the 2001-2002 style so yeah studio rehearsal.

I did James. It’s like when you trade Tom Brady to the Lions and Payton Manning to the Bears. Just a fun, alternative universe thing.

I wanna hear Bucket tear into that stuff.

And it’s not like they were doing anything.

Board footer