You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Current Events Thread

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm seeing tweets from people saying Nevada can still go Trump based on ballots to be counted.  I still believe Biden has this, but it's possible.  Michigan looks more likely to be another Dem Senate loss.  In the end it doesn't look like they got any of the Senate seats they weren't favored to win.  McSally was DOA and the former Gov of Colorado was incredibly popular.  I'm thinking by end of January the GOP is at 53 and 54 is a real possibility.

I thought we were waiting for Clark County and Washoe. We're like a suburb of LA here and Reno is highly populated with people from the Bay area. So I can't see much red coming in. Although at this point, whoever picks up NV could make a huge difference, especially if Biden takes MI.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Of course Trump's attorneys to stop voting in PA now too.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Well, well, well. I had to go to bed early and be up early for my dog's ever-growing and gnarly-ass rib-cage tumor. I missed a lot, but didn't miss much. Basically the same situation as when I slept.

First off, thanks for the kind words on the dog. It's not a fatty tumor; we're not exactly sure what type of tumor it is. We're opting to have it surgically removed, then they'll tell us. We won't know anything until results are in.

Kind of like this presidential race. I don't know what to think anymore. I think the best deal for the country is Biden with the split Congress as we have now. I do believe he will get McConnell and Pelosi to sit down and deal. I don't see Trump doing that; and I think most of you would agree, even the Trump supporters.

But this race is not over. Don't trust Nate Silver anymore, he just hedges everything. After he sent that tweet that ID linked, he sent this one.

I'm not trusting these guys anymore.

Let's throw Georgia into the mix again.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

The best scenario imo is Biden winning and dealing with McConnell. This way, Trump saves face and can brag about getting more votes than Obama, how the race was rigged against him and he didn't really lose, and he can just troll "Sleepy Joe" for the next four years. But hopefully he doesn't run again. I just have this awful feeling he will.

If he lost, it's over. He'll be Sleepy Donald in 4 years.

Ivanka may run in 2024 in an attempt to cash in on Trumpism but I think it's over if Biden takes this.

Not sure how the country is going to react to no more 24/7 Trump.

It'll be weird.

No Trump will ever be allowed into the GOP again.  Don't get me wrong, Trump has done wonders to steal the blue collar base from the Democrats, but the man and his family are pure toxicity.  Chelsea Clinton wouldn't fair well either.  Sean Parnell just ousted Democrat Connor Lamb in Pittsburgh.  Look for him to be a rising start in the GOP - late 30s and a decorated combat veteran who lead a company of men in Afghanistan.  Veterans like me are getting really tired of these reservists who served as lawyers and spent 4 months at a Hilton pretending to be John Rambo.

OK Flagg that was pretty funny.

Didn't Pittsburgh have a young mayor few years back?  Was he one of those guys? Thought he was up & coming, may have been R.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

This is fucked up:

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

2020 has been the year I follow Neo Cons on Twitter and donate to the Lincoln Project...strange times indeed.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James wrote:

If he lost, it's over. He'll be Sleepy Donald in 4 years.

Ivanka may run in 2024 in an attempt to cash in on Trumpism but I think it's over if Biden takes this.

Not sure how the country is going to react to no more 24/7 Trump.

It'll be weird.

No Trump will ever be allowed into the GOP again.  Don't get me wrong, Trump has done wonders to steal the blue collar base from the Democrats, but the man and his family are pure toxicity.  Chelsea Clinton wouldn't fair well either.  Sean Parnell just ousted Democrat Connor Lamb in Pittsburgh.  Look for him to be a rising start in the GOP - late 30s and a decorated combat veteran who lead a company of men in Afghanistan.  Veterans like me are getting really tired of these reservists who served as lawyers and spent 4 months at a Hilton pretending to be John Rambo.

OK Flagg that was pretty funny.

Didn't Pittsburgh have a young mayor few years back?  Was he one of those guys? Thought he was up & coming, may have been R.

Nah, our mayor is Bill Peduto.  A fat fifty something hipster type who destroyed an entire lane of traffic downtown to make Pittsburgh more bikeable.  Our signature sandwich is a 1lb cheeseburger with 1/2 pound of fries and coleslaw on it.  Mother fuckers aren't biking downtown.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

not trusting these guys anymore

Me neither.

They're Helen Keller throwing darts.

The Trump kids need to stay quiet. Nobody's won PA yet.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Our signature sandwich is a 1lb cheeseburger with 1/2 pound of fries and coleslaw on it.  Mother fuckers aren't biking downtown.

Not without labored breathing.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Our signature sandwich is a 1lb cheeseburger with 1/2 pound of fries and coleslaw on it.  Mother fuckers aren't biking downtown.

Not without labored breathing.

Board footer