You are not logged in. Please register or login.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

exoterica wrote:

Pesci's work in The Irishman was out of this world. It's the best thing in that movie, imo.

Mickey is the man. Incredible actor. But besides him fucking his face up and burning all his bridges, all of the writings on the wall seem like he's a pain to work with. That's everything. And who'd want to work in Hollywood nowadays anyway? It's a nightmare.

Pope of Greenwich Village, check that one out.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I finally got around to watching Doubt. I could kick myself for putting it off for 12 years. Most religious themed movies are a turn off to me.

Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams, and Meryl Streep should've all won Oscars. None of them won. Hell....Adams lost to Penelope Cruz of all people and her win should've been a lock.

It was also the year of the Slumdog Millionaire hype so it didn't have a chance in hell of getting best picture.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, I'm kinda torn as I don't really like the glorification of family murders/tragedys, but I watched American Murder: The Family Next Door on Netflix last night. OMG.

Whats great about it is its built entirely thru police bodycam footage and interrogation scenes. Two parts are astonishing, when they go next door to view neighbors surveillance video (You won't believe what happens, just wait!) and the interrogation and polygraph. Wow!

It's the guy from Colorado a couple years ago who was on the news lying about his wife & kids, and not really crying about them missing. I mean, yeah we know he did it but the way its made is pretty well done.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Noroi: The Curse was the best found footage movies I've seen. It's on YouTube with English Subs.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The Tenet trailer i just saw on CNN was badass. Who has seen it?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

I finally got around to watching Doubt. I could kick myself for putting it off for 12 years. Most religious themed movies are a turn off to me.

Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams, and Meryl Streep should've all won Oscars. None of them won. Hell....Adams lost to Penelope Cruz of all people and her win should've been a lock.

It was also the year of the Slumdog Millionaire hype so it didn't have a chance in hell of getting best picture.

Oof.  I remember totally fucking hating Slumdog Millionaire.  I love Penelope Cruz but her role in Vicky Cristina Barcelona was ok.  The film was kinda forgettable to me. 

I remember Doubt being really well acted and intense.

Recently re-watched First Love a Takashi Miike film.  It’s a love story with “shit happens in one night with Yakuza characters” intersecting plot type of film.

The bloody violence is played for laughs really.  A little long but still a fun film to watch.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

A Good Year, dir: Ridley Scott.

I would've sworn this movie had Katie Holmes in it as the main love interest. It's one of those weird memory glitches.

Anyway, it's a really enjoyable movie. I can't say it was totally satisfying but still worth the time investment.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

A little belated, but Terminator Dark Fate is one of the worst fucking films I've ever seen. I hate to say it, but every film that tries to be woke fails so, so badly. Just concentrate on making a good film. For Christ sake, Ripley is one of the greatest characters in film history, and not once do you feel her role as patronizing or unrealistic. Except for Alien 3-4 when they decided to make her the feminist bad ass action star. Ripley cried, she was terrified, she screwed up, but she also overcame that to win. It's like they're afraid of making women look weak. They can't all be superheroes. Ugh.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

A little belated, but Terminator Dark Fate is one of the worst fucking films I've ever seen.

Have you seen Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey? lol

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

A little belated, but Terminator Dark Fate is one of the worst fucking films I've ever seen.

Have you seen Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey? lol

I forgot all about that!

Board footer