You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

I haven't watched anything political and I've stayed off Twitter save a few cursory looks for the last few weeks. It wasn't intentional or anything, life got busy, but... it feels amazing. I can't even tell you how less stressful I feel, and I didn't even think I took it that serious.

I kind of understand how people walk around angry 24/7.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

I haven't watched anything political and I've stayed off Twitter save a few cursory looks for the last few weeks. It wasn't intentional or anything, life got busier but... it feels amazing. I can even tell you how less stressful I feel, and I didn't even think I took it that serious.I

I kind of understand how people walk around angry 24/7.

Bingo.  Once you realize none of this shit really has any impact on your life and voices on the opposing side with a platform aren't rational, it's so much easier to just unplug and enjoy what's in front of you.  I just happened to have it on NBC/Lester Holt Monday and saw all I need to to realize mainstream media isn't worth my attention anymore. 

When friends call and want to grieve about their perceived political problems/observations, I stop them cold in their tracks.  I just have no interest to fight/argue shit I can't control and most others aren't informed on or objective enough to engage in meaningful dialogue.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Mcconnell has told other Republicans to fall in line for Biden so this election crap is now officially over.

It's just pure Trump grifting from here on out.

It's time for his base to wake up.

James

James wrote:

Tons of faux outrage about Jill Biden not being a real doctor. Tucker Carlson calling her "borderline illiterate".

We're getting a taste of the next four years. The faux outrage is switching sides.

Why no concern about the first lady's education the past four years?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Sweden's king and prime minister say their approach to covid-19 was a failure.

"Sweden, which has never imposed a full lockdown, has seen nearly 350,000 cases and more than 7,800 deaths - a lot more than its Scandinavian neighbours."

"Sweden has had more deaths than the rest of the Nordic countries combined. This has led to criticism from the country's neighbours, Norway, Denmark and Finland, that its less strict approach is putting their own measures at risk."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55347021

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

They stupidly banked on herd immunity even though it was never a good strategy. Herd immunity was never a guarantee, in fact it was a long shot.

James

James wrote:

The entire planet needed to go into a hard lockdown the nanosecond China did before it spread across the globe.

We did nothing those first couple months. The moment it went political was a sign that the West is now incapable of handling a crisis of such magnitude.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

We did nothing those first couple months. The moment it went political was a sign that the West is now incapable of handling a crisis of such magnitude.

I disagree...Trump was incapable because of all the distrust and the uncooperative environment he gave birth to...

I’ll say it a million times...you can’t bash people relentlessly and expect them to cooperate...especially politically.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James wrote:

The entire planet needed to go into a hard lockdown the nanosecond China did before it spread across the globe.

No. Lockdowns did dick. We were told we were going to “flatten the curve” and we did that. People in Oklahoma didn’t need to lockdown in early February when the virus wasn’t within 1k miles.

This virus is killing those who were already going to die. The idea of the healthy, young person being struck down from this is as rare as the flu.

Chinese lockdowns weren’t allowing their citizens to goto Wal-mart for essentials. The media was condemning Americans for having an outdoor bbq on Memorial Day. Then George Floyd happened and rioting and mass protest became fashionable in the warmer months. The medical professionals condemned the lock down protests, but were on record refusing to condemn the rioting. You can’t tell people to hide indoors and then celebrate bored 20-somethings looting footlocker because a drug addict in declining health thousands of miles away was mistreated by the police.

You can’t have the NFL playing a ducking Wednesday game 6 days late due to COVID breakouts and tell people to hide indoors.

More blacks have been murdered in Pittsburgh in 2020 than people under 70 have died from COVID. Im sure that’s a very similar statistic in other major cities as well. Yet where is the outrage being guided by the media?  Who benefits from a population that honestly believes wearing a piece of cloth they haven’t washed in weeks is protecting them from a virus you need an electron microscope to see?  Meanwhile every political leader has been caught on camera at a hair salon maskless or drinking a glass of wine at a crowded table. Or fucking fauci maskless at a baseball game.

You’ve created a new Karen culture that feels morally superior because they drive with a mask on alone in their car. 

Isolate the elderly and you stop Covid. That’s how you solve this. But no one wants to do that because it’s not popular. Tell the sickly and weak to stay inside and avoid the Chinese buffet. That solves  COVID.

We just had a record day of over 1200 new cases in Pittsburgh!  And the ICU bed usage is barely over 10%. 80% of the dead are in nursing homes, where we send people to die. The rest are almost entirely those over 70 with multiple comorbidities.

Lock downs destroy businesses and ruin people’s lives. It’s not something that should be done to thunderous applause and eye fucking from the pundits.

Board footer