You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Sony Offering Refunds for CyberPunk 2077

AtariLegend wrote:

The biggest gaming story of the decade so far.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/cyber … 7-refunds/

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

So what is the back story on this?

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

So what is the back story on this?

This is the same Polish company that created The Witcher series.

Witcher 3 was one of the most beloved games of the last decade, maybe ever. Very expansive, lots to do. Multiple endings and a real labour of love, with lots of free dlcs and 2 pretty good expansions. They built up a huge amount of goodwill, basically the anti EA.

So their next project was announced post Witcher as Cyberpunk 2077. Alot were excited to see what they would get next. This was basically the most hyped game in a few years.

So it got released this month and is apparently a very buggy mess on consoles. Extremely buggy/unplayable for some. Also it's an rpg where your choices don't matter past the start of the game... very Un Witcher.

The reaction has not been great to say the least. Microsoft/Sony are offering refunds. ...And with 8 million preorders ect alone, nevermind those who bought in stores, well you can imagine how big a deal this is.

Supposedly it's not as bad on PC/Steam (no idea on Stadia).

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Hmm, i had a PS freind or 2 who were very excited to play this game and each got increasingly frustrated whenever they pushed the release date back.

Its really a catch 22...release asap and be buggy as hell and suffer the wrath of your fanbase or wait and suffer the wrath of you fanbase

I'm sure they will fix it up and it will be a great game...then I'll pick it up for $20 lol

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Hmm, i had a PS freind or 2 who were very excited to play this game and each got increasingly frustrated whenever they pushed the release date back.

Its really a catch 22...release asap and be buggy as hell and suffer the wrath of your fanbase or wait and suffer the wrath of you fanbase

I'm sure they will fix it up and it will be a great game...then I'll pick it up for $20 lol

I seen speculation that investors forced them to release instead of delaying further.

Their only other series is The Witcher, so this is a disaster for them.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Meh...developers have been soo piss poor lazy with bugs this console generation ... game breaking bugs, day one patches, paid DLC and microtransactions are almost a given with every game at this point

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They really shit the bed here. What I've seen of gameplay on YouTube is friggin terrible. Witcher 3 had a lot of glitches for me, too. Nothing on the scale of this, though.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

It’s really bizarre.

They took the concepts from the 2018 E3 vertical slice demo and made good on a sum total of ZERO of the implicit promises from that video.

The “finished” game is basically notes and sketches and nothing comes together.

Characterization is a mess.

CDPR bit off way more than they could chew and let me down big time.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's basically GTA set in the future. I played it twice (on pc). It's also annoying how it takes like 5 shots to kill someone.

Board footer