You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

Link to full audio and transcripts....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/po … video.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … story.html

Holy shit.  I can't get through the full recording. He's an imbecile. It's like Veruca Salt being president demanding that they find votes and find them now! A billionaire man child throwing a tantrum.

Just unbelievable.  It's frightening that someone like this has been president and he has millions of people willing to follow him into hell.

I'm going to read the full transcript. It's supposed to be pure insanity.

James

James wrote:

When discussing voters who left the state and then moved back later, Trump said nobody moves out of state and then moves back.

Tillerson was right.... he's a fucking moron.

He wants them to "recalculate" the votes.

This is quickly turning into Watergate for dummies.

I'm assuming he loses a hefty portion of his base after this.

4D chess my ass....

James

James wrote:

From the transcripts so far, my favorite quote...

It's not fair!!!

It's like 4 year old me losing a game of Candy Land or Hungry Hungry Hippos to my mom.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

From the transcripts so far, my favorite quote...

It's not fair!!!

It's like 4 year old me losing a game of Candy Land or Hungry Hungry Hippos to my mom.

Yea it's pathetic...and it goes on my long list of unforgiveable acts. Donald Trump is a real criminal. An actual criminal.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Trump should be charged with a crime(s) for this. We should also have an immediate call to impeachment (again.) I don't care if we have three weeks left. This is extortion, soliciting election fraud, conspiracy, threats etc...blatant in its criminality. 

While this is going on, the majority of the GOP are standing against democracy and for authoritarianism. Biden has clearly won the election. Yet they are going to contest the will of the people in the next few days. This is unfathomable and a direct attack on one of the fundamental principles of our country. The damage they are doing and will continue to do to this country are reprehensible and needs to be met with 100% resistance - full stop.

We're at a very dangerous point right now.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Trump should be charged with a crime(s) for this. We should also have an immediate call to impeachment (again.) I don't care if we have three weeks left. This is extortion, soliciting election fraud, conspiracy, threats etc...blatant in its criminality. 

While this is going on, the majority of the GOP are standing against democracy and for authoritarianism. Biden has clearly won the election. Yet they are going to contest the will of the people in the next few days. This is unfathomable and a direct attack on one of the fundamental principles of our country. The damage they are doing and will continue to do to this country is reprehensible and needs to be met with 100% resistance - full stop.

RF is about to tell you you're an idiot.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Here's the problem...every time Trump stepped over the line no one really stopped him. So he stepped a little further over the line, then again and again.

And too many people shrugged.

Now gross misconduct is accepted as normal.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

While this is going on, the majority of the GOP are standing against democracy and for authoritarianism. Biden has clearly won the election. Yet they are going to contest the will of the people in the next few days. This is unfathomable and a direct attack on one of the fundamental principles of our country. The damage they are doing and will continue to do to this country is reprehensible and needs to be met with 100% resistance - full stop.

RF is about to tell you you're an idiot.

Nah, I only call people idiots who make an objectively false statement despite being made aware of their fallacy. Like claiming Antifa isn’t a real thing all summer, and that Proud Boys and White Suprematist were responsible for the riots and looting. 

You’re free to believe Trump should be impeached, again. Good luck going through that process in 14 days, but play your cards how you want to play them.

What you’re not free to do is claim the 2016 election was compromised/illegitimate for 4 years, then laugh at someone who asks for 1/1000th of the scrutiny you demanded with a lesser amount of evidence. You can’t call Trump and his children financial criminals with illicit ties to China and Russia, and then ignore more credible allegations against the Biden’s. I’ve not advocated for the guilt of anyone, so don’t take my observation of a laughable double standard as advocacy for any position you’ll fabricate in complete disregard for anything I’ve posted.

I haven’t voted for a winning presidential candidate since 2004, and since 2001 I’ve lived in areas exclusively controlled by Democrats (with the exception of my first 5 months in Iraq). I served 10 years by the way. Not a “very brief stint” in anyone’s dictionary. Feel free to look up the political makeup of Athens, Oh, Olympia, Wa, Augusta, Ga, El Paso, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. I also spent 25% of my time in Chicago for 2 years. I’ve been to every state save Hawaii. So please tell me again how I’m some low rent hick who’s less traveled than you. I’ve been to every country in NA. Brazil and Argentina. Iceland, Germany and the Netherlands. India, China, Kuwait, Iraq, and Japan. And Australia. I have a graduate degree in American Politics, and have many friends working directly with elected officials in both parties, including Trump. In short, you don’t have a clue who I am, and none of your attempted portrayals of me are remotely accurate.

You’ve made no attempt to engage in any discussion with me in good faith. You make no effort to attempt to validate your narratives and attack anyone who offers another, even when shown your own assumptions are objectively wrong.

I’m not the cartoon you’ve created.  No one here makes any of the claims you manufacture and then argue against.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

What part of Chicago?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

What part of Chicago?

I was totally a tourist living out of a downtown hotel for 1 week a month the 2 years I worked for Kraft out of Aon. But I made it a point to eat dinner in the different neighborhoods and had colleagues who lived all over the city.

Board footer