You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Current Events Thread

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Here's the problem...every time Trump stepped over the line no one really stopped him. So he stepped a little further over the line, then again and again.

And too many people shrugged.

Now gross misconduct is accepted as normal.

I won't argue with you there.

If there was a republican party left, they should demand he resign immediately over this. But that ship has sailed. What's left is a anti democratic party who is about to stand up and formally denounce our election results to keep an autocrat in power. All while talking about the importance of "The constitution" and "fair elections."

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

$500 says Biden is sworn in on January 20th and Trump isn’t living at the White House. Any takers?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Trump should be charged with a crime(s) for this. We should also have an immediate call to impeachment (again.) I don't care if we have three weeks left.

IMO this is the wrong move. Just let the clock run out. The Dems don't need to be throwing a hail mary at the same time he's throwing one.

It would play into his hands.

After the 20th, if they believe it's necessary, go after him then.

I realize it's setting a precedent letting him get away with it....but I just want Trump world over with. If the media and our politicians truly find his actions as outrageous as they claim, the best punishment they could give him is to completely ignore him when he's out of office.

It'll drive him crazy....and close the book on a bizarre chapter in our country's history.

While this is going on, the majority of the GOP are standing against democracy and for authoritarianism. Biden has clearly won the election. Yet they are going to contest the will of the people in the next few days. This is unfathomable and a direct attack on one of the fundamental principles of our country. The damage they are doing and will continue to do to this country are reprehensible and needs to be met with 100% resistance - full stop.

I think some of them contesting will blink at the last second. They know it's futile.

I say it all the time but our country has to get away from this hyper-partisan culture we've created. It's going to destroy this country if we don't. That culture has led us to this.

We're at a very dangerous point right now.

He's a pussy....he's a coward....he acts like a child when cornered...and he's not very smart.

Someone afraid of firing someone face to face and stupid enough to believe windmills cause cancer is not capable of turning the US into a dictatorship. He doesn't even understand politics or how to govern. He's also down to a 5th string team. 

If King Trump was on the horizon, people like Barr never would've left. You need people like Barr for something of that magnitude.

I'll tell you what's dangerous....a future president who can govern, has a brain, and a cult of personality taking notes on how this is playing out.

James

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

$500 says Biden is sworn in on January 20th and Trump isn’t living at the White House. Any takers?

He's definitely leaving.

Doesn't have the balls to try anything even if he wanted to and he won't risk being dragged out of the white house by the secret service on camera.

He's just going to whine on twitter and to the media and unfortunately, they're probably going to indulge him.

James

James wrote:

Ted Cruz should be ashamed of himself for carrying the torch of this election fraud nonsense.

In 2016 Trump accused Cruz of rigging the primary and then insulted his wife. If Cruz believes Trump now, why didn't he believe him then?

Trump believes all elections are rigged.... including the elections he wins.

A lot of these people need to be voted out of office.

Dems should run someone better than Beto against Cruz.

Can't hardly believe they thought Beto is presidential material. Based on what?!?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What part of Chicago?

I was totally a tourist living out of a downtown hotel for 1 week a month the 2 years I worked for Kraft out of Aon. But I made it a point to eat dinner in the different neighborhoods and had colleagues who lived all over the city.

That’s a great place to be. I’ve been in that building for work interviews and my buddy works for JLL there. Fantastic views. I was on the park side. Very nice.

Randall Flagg

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What part of Chicago?

I was totally a tourist living out of a downtown hotel for 1 week a month the 2 years I worked for Kraft out of Aon. But I made it a point to eat dinner in the different neighborhoods and had colleagues who lived all over the city.

That’s a great place to be. I’ve been in that building for work interviews and my buddy works for JLL there. Fantastic views. I was on the park side. Very nice.

It was breath taking when the clouds didn’t block the city. I was on the 76th floor overlooking millennium park and sent plenty of tinder dates in Pittsburgh shots of the bean from up there.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Trump should be charged with a crime(s) for this. We should also have an immediate call to impeachment (again.) I don't care if we have three weeks left. This is extortion, soliciting election fraud, conspiracy, threats etc...blatant in its criminality. 

While this is going on, the majority of the GOP are standing against democracy and for authoritarianism. Biden has clearly won the election. Yet they are going to contest the will of the people in the next few days. This is unfathomable and a direct attack on one of the fundamental principles of our country. The damage they are doing and will continue to do to this country is reprehensible and needs to be met with 100% resistance - full stop.

We're at a very dangerous point right now.

RF is about to tell you you're an idiot.

Nah, I only call people idiots who make an objectively false statement despite being made aware of their fallacy.

Except Trump right?

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

RF is about to tell you you're an idiot.

Nah, I only call people idiots who make an objectively false statement despite being made aware of their fallacy.

Except Trump right?

Do you have a P.O. Box?  I’d like to mail you a copy of hooked on phonics this retarded kid down the street outgrew. Like I said folks, this idiot can’t read and manufactures arguments. Time to put mongo on timeout me thinks.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

$500 says Tom Brady makes it into the Hall Of Fame.   Any takers?

Board footer