You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Current Events Thread

slcpunk wrote:

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

It sounds like the 25th amendment has maybe invoked and Pence is unofficially in charge.

That's the best that can happen at this point.  Whatever critcisms I have of Pence, he's an adult and won't be inciting violence and all that other stuff.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

What the actual fuck...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Do you feel happy looking at stuff like this SG?  As far as Portland, etc... those pale in comparison and the fact that you're trying to deflect to that is pathethic.  For starters, those were never federal or even close to overthrowing governments.  Those were just protests.  This is different.  If you can't or won't understand it, then you are beyond help.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErFE3MYXcAI … me=900x900

Check your facts, they did in fact take over a federal building in Portland.

A young woman was killed today.

Biden will be confirmed tonight.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

What the actual fuck...

What? You're surprised Trump would take it this far?

I'm not...this is what he always does.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

I would expect resignations in the next few days as well. I think we may have finally reached a tipping point with this event.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

https://thedispatch.com/p/giuliani-to-s … -just-slow

Rudy Giuliani, a lawyer and top adviser to President Donald Trump, is calling Republican lawmakers urging them to delay the electoral vote count by at least one day to allow the president and his team to present more evidence of alleged election fraud.

At approximately 7 p.m., Giuliani called newly sworn-in Alabama Sen. Tommy Tuberville, a staunch Trump ally, imploring him to stall the process.

The problem for Giuliani? He left his message on the voicemail of another senator, who shared it with The Dispatch.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't think they're considering invoking the 25th amendment....I think they already stripped him of his powers and they're gonna let it trickle out publicly.

The secretary of defense and Pence called in the national guard.

VP does not have the power to do that.

Trump is no longer in charge. They may or may not let him pretend to be running the show but the Trump presidency officially ended today behind closed doors.

Unless they publicly invoke, we may never know what really happened behind closed doors.

He's been neutered....and that's a good thing.

His mouth can still be a threat. The twitter ban needs to be permanent.

I hope we find out what really happened. Was it Pence and several advisers, did the military warn him and tell him it's over, etc.

I was worried this morning/afternoon about this spiraling out of control. Once I heard Pence had called in the national guard, I stopped worrying.

I say this all the time but I'm gonna say it again....

On the 21st, it's time for the media and the country to move on from Trump world. It literally almost destroyed this country.

Stop giving him and his family the attention they crave.

The outrage machine on both sides of the media has to grind to a halt. It's whipping everyone into a 24/7 frenzy and we now see the potential of what can happen.

Had these people not had shit for brains and had actually planned this out, we could've been minutes away from a decapitation strike on the legislative branch.

That is insane. If we don't immediately learn our lesson and make changes, it's going to get worse.

One of Trump's kids will run in 2024. If we keep this hyper-partisan shit show running full speed ahead...they might win.

It's time for normalcy. The media can just deal with a drop in revenue. Our country is on the line.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

I don't think they're considering invoking the 25th amendment....I think they already stripped him of his powers and they're gonna let it trickle out publicly.

The secretary of defense and Pence called in the national guard.

VP does not have the power to do that.

Trump is no longer in charge. They may or may not let him pretend to be running the show but the Trump presidency officially ended today behind closed doors.

Unless they publicly invoke, we may never know what really happened behind closed doors.

He's been neutered....and that's a good thing.

His mouth can still be a threat. The twitter ban needs to be permanent.

I hope we find out what really happened. Was it Pence and several advisers, did the military warn him and tell him it's over, etc.

I was worried this morning/afternoon about this spiraling out of control. Once I heard Pence had called in the national guard, I stopped worrying.

I say this all the time but I'm gonna say it again....

On the 21st, it's time for the media and the country to move on from Trump world. It literally almost destroyed this country.

Stop giving him and his family the attention they crave.

The outrage machine on both sides of the media has to grind to a halt. It's whipping everyone into a 24/7 frenzy and we now see the potential of what can happen.

Had these people not had shit for brains and had actually planned this out, we could've been minutes away from a decapitation strike on the legislative branch.

That is insane. If we don't immediately learn our lesson and make changes, it's going to get worse.

One of Trump's kids will run in 2024. If we keep this hyper-partisan shit show running full speed ahead...they might win.

It's time for normalcy. The media can just deal with a drop in revenue. Our country is on the line.

What makes you so sure Trump has been neutered?

Board footer