You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 643 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

how are we having a discussion on freedom of speech when the topic at hand here is how dangerous is Trump...how much longer are we going to stick our heads in the sand about this?

It's happening everywhere and like I said the other day... it's by design.

Deflect, distract, whataboutism....keep the narrative as far away from what actually happened as possible. If you can't keep the narrative veered away from Trump, focus on something before Jan 6th and run in circles. If that doesn't work, focus on the aftermath and aim it at something both sides might have common ground on.

It's why the focus is now on the dangers of big tech.

Besides...didnt you get the memo? Failed coup attempts aren't dangerous....as long as it's a Trump failed coup. All other coup attempts are bad. tongue

James
 Rep: 643 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

Teddy Roosevelt and Andrew Jackson were true bad asses. They definitely rubbed people the wrong way, too. But they had a clear and focused agenda and had something to show for their accomplishments as president.

My favorite president is Ronald Reagan.

He won both elections in landslides so it couldn't have happened and besides... country wasn't insane back then.

Let's pretend Carter and his minions pulled the same shit as Trump and his goon squad.

After taking the oath on Jan 20th, Reagan would've arrested various people for sedition and in some cases... possibly treason.

He would've had a zero tolerance policy on this shit.

Nixon....hell...he probably would've had them tortured.

It's one of the laughable things about Trump supporters.... actual conservative presidents would've went scorched earth in reaction to a failed coup in the Capitol that led to several deaths....yet they support the pansy whose insanity led to this shit.

Clown world.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Again, assembling groups for strikes like antifa, white supremacists and BLM have done for four years is not protected speech, and not at all what I'm talking about. Sara Palin saying she was "targeting" rhinos did not mean she was looking to execute them back in 06, she was talking about primaries. The media twisted her words, now we're talking about people and companies being removed or prevented from being accessed by Google, Twitter and Facebook over political thought (which has been happening for years if you haven't been paying attention) and now we're supposed to look at the friggin media and big tech as honest brokers who make these decisions on our behalf? This intentional lack of context is what's dangerous.

Censoring Trump is all fun now, I have no problem deleting overtly inflammatory remarks, but silencing things you don't want to hear for everyone elses own good is not okay. Big tech is already collecting your information. This is going to be fun seeing where this goes now. The crazies will always be here. Getting rid of Trump's Twitter won't do anything.

Antifa, BLM, and white supremacists transgressions in 2016-2020 isn't even close to what happened here.

You're a smart guy. I know you know the difference.

You say people should be careful supporting censorship....I say be careful supporting failed coup attempts.

*In Sophia Patrillo's voice*

Picture it.... Washington DC...Jan. 2025.......

Biden has lost the election to Ted Cruz. It's driving him insane. Like Caesar and Trump,  he sees enemies all around him and he continually rants and raves. He also blames Kamala for the loss. After a rally, his supporters storm the Capitol to take out Kamala and Congress....and it looks like a few democrat congressmen played a role in it.

Will you, SG, and monkeychow come to Biden's defense and piss on any negative measures taken against him?

I think I know the answer....

Getting rid of Trump's Twitter won't do anything.

Strongly disagree. News coverage has already improved immensely and we're only days into this.

It also turned off the main spigot of red team outrage.

This intentional lack of context is what's dangerous

The only lack of context is the people refusing to see what this chaos really was....a failed coup attempt.

Under normal circumstances I would agree they're going too far...you know my feelings towards cancel culture, social media, etc...but these aren't normal circumstances.

I cannot disagree stronger. The riots over the summer caused more death and destruction, and it's not even close

It was the worst, most bungled "coup" ever. It was a dumbass, irresponsible carnival barker. You want him impeached for that? Yes. But of course, no one will ever abuse censorship. Of course not. It will not be abused. Absolutely not. Politicians will be completely responsible.

You're damn right I'll be fair towards Biden, and I'll hold him to the same scrutiny I do Trump.

And if you think the media is okay now, or has improved, I'll stop right now. They're exploitation artists.

James
 Rep: 643 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

I cannot disagree stronger. The riots over the summer caused more death and destruction, and it's not even close.

BLM- Antifa riots that led to burned down businesses, however many deaths(don't remember the exact number), and random chaos in major cities

A failed coup attempt/decapitation strike aimed at the vice president, house, and senate which if successful, would've plunged this country into a dictatorship. The head of this insidious, moronic snake is still in power for 9 days.

Both are bad.... obviously. If you don't know the difference in magnitude between rioting in various cities in the name of social justice and an attempt to plunge this country into a dictatorship while setting fire to the constitution and can't comprehend why the latter is worse than the former, I really don't know what to tell you.

Do I start drawing pictures to point out the difference?

It was the worst, most bungled "coup" ever.

That's Trumpism. Idiocy top to bottom. He fired anyone competent over the years which lowered his chances of success.

He does not get a free pass for failing to destroy this country.

, no one will ever abuse censorship. Of course not. It will not be abused. Absolutely not.

No one has ever said this. Not a single person.

Politicians will be completely responsible

No one has ever said this. Not a single person.

You're damn right I'll be fair towards Biden, and I'll hold him to the same scrutiny I do Trump.

I've seen very little scrutiny.  Your scrutiny is revolving around Antifa, BLM, and censorship.

And if you think the media is okay now, or has improved, I'll stop right now

If you think I believe the media is ok, you don't read my posts.

The only improvement....and yes it is an improvement...is the lack of outrage articles and news segments regarding Trump's latest garbage tweet. Pretty sure you've complained in the past how they covered this but now you've got a problem with the lack of it. Literally the only change is they've shut him down because he tried plunging us into a dictatorship.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

If you don't know the difference in magnitude between rioting in various cities in the name of social justice and an attempt to plunge this country into a dictatorship while setting fire to the constitution and can't comprehend why the latter is worse than the former, I really don't know what to tell you.

This so much!

One happened because of social injustice, noone led it. It was a spontaneous movement by millions with a just cause.
The other was created and encouraged solely by one man based on lies which led to people dying. Here's the important bit: That man was the sitting President.

Again there is a Huge difference.

James
 Rep: 643 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

- FBI says an armed group is planning an uprising in DC if Trump is removed by the 25th amendment.

Are these people going to become peace lovers in 9 days?

I have my doubts....

Especially since the FBI said more coup attempts are planned.

- Some lawmaker to unveil bill preventing any buildings, airports, etc. being named after Trump.

Republican talking points are working. The constant diverting, deflection, and whataboutism is causing people to take their eye off the ball.

The last thing we need to be worrying about right now is the possibility of a future Trump International airport.

Focus on the coup attempt...and nothing but the coup attempt.


- Before Parler was knocked offline it was hacked. Every single Parler members personal info... including pictures, video, drivers license/ID and deleted posts is now out in the open.

Anyone here on Parler?

Don't worry....GAB is the new hot spot to worship Trump and have visions of an Idiocracy dystopic dictatorship.

- The father of the murdered police officer (a Trump supporter) still hasn't received a call from Trump.

I hope he isn't holding his breath.

By the way....he was murdered while those killing him sang the national anthem.

- Trump just gave the medal of freedom to a piece of shit

- Trump is being impeached for inciting an insurrection.

Get ready for an overdose of whataboutism. It's definitely on tap.


Damn the news cycle moves fast now.

James
 Rep: 643 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

I want Barr interviewed/interrogated. I guarantee he walked away because he knew this was coming. This guy is the GOP 'fixer". It shows how bad it was if he of all people fled the sinking ship.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

2 officers just suspended and a further 15 under investigation for involvement.

New FBI bulletin released. Kinda scary.

An internal FBI bulletin obtained by
@CNN
says: "Armed protests are being planned at all 50 state capitols from 16 January through at least 20 January, and at the US Capitol from 17 January through 20 January.”

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Again, assembling groups for strikes like antifa, white supremacists and BLM have done for four years is not protected speech, and not at all what I'm talking about. Sara Palin saying she was "targeting" rhinos did not mean she was looking to execute them back in 06, she was talking about primaries. The media twisted her words, now we're talking about people and companies being removed or prevented from being accessed by Google, Twitter and Facebook over political thought (which has been happening for years if you haven't been paying attention) and now we're supposed to look at the friggin media and big tech as honest brokers who make these decisions on our behalf? This intentional lack of context is what's dangerous.

Censoring Trump is all fun now, I have no problem deleting overtly inflammatory remarks, but silencing things you don't want to hear for everyone elses own good is not okay. Big tech is already collecting your information. This is going to be fun seeing where this goes now. The crazies will always be here. Getting rid of Trump's Twitter won't do anything.

Antifa, BLM, and white supremacists transgressions in 2016-2020 isn't even close to what happened here.

You're a smart guy. I know you know the difference.

You say people should be careful supporting censorship....I say be careful supporting failed coup attempts.

*In Sophia Patrillo's voice*

Picture it.... Washington DC...Jan. 2025.......

Biden has lost the election to Ted Cruz. It's driving him insane. Like Caesar and Trump,  he sees enemies all around him and he continually rants and raves. He also blames Kamala for the loss. After a rally, his supporters storm the Capitol to take out Kamala and Congress....and it looks like a few democrat congressmen played a role in it.

Will you, SG, and monkeychow come to Biden's defense and piss on any negative measures taken against him?

I think I know the answer....

Getting rid of Trump's Twitter won't do anything.

Strongly disagree. News coverage has already improved immensely and we're only days into this.

It also turned off the main spigot of red team outrage.

This intentional lack of context is what's dangerous

The only lack of context is the people refusing to see what this chaos really was....a failed coup attempt.

Under normal circumstances I would agree they're going too far...you know my feelings towards cancel culture, social media, etc...but these aren't normal circumstances.


It was the worst, most bungled "coup" ever. It was a dumbass, irresponsible carnival barker. You want him impeached for that? Yes. But of course, no one will ever abuse censorship. Of course not. It will not be abused. Absolutely not. Politicians will be completely responsible.

I've also noticed this pattern where if something is not successful, not matter how nefarious, it's minimized.

I really struggle to imagine your response had this coup attempt been successful. I wonder if you'd be so nonchalant.

This scorecard of keeping track of how many died in each instance doesn't move me at all. Blaming big tech for alleged censorship doesn't move me at all. I've never bought into conservatives who complain about being censored. If they're being censored, it's because you're engaging in hate speech or inciting violence. You can't hide behind the curtain of alleged censorship because you think you identify as a conservative.

I won't be satisfied until Trump is actually help accountable.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
James wrote:

I cannot disagree stronger. The riots over the summer caused more death and destruction, and it's not even close.

BLM- Antifa riots that led to burned down businesses, however many deaths(don't remember the exact number), and random chaos in major cities

A failed coup attempt/decapitation strike aimed at the vice president, house, and senate which if successful, would've plunged this country into a dictatorship. The head of this insidious, moronic snake is still in power for 9 days.

Both are bad.... obviously. If you don't know the difference in magnitude between rioting in various cities in the name of social justice and an attempt to plunge this country into a dictatorship while setting fire to the constitution and can't comprehend why the latter is worse than the former, I really don't know what to tell you.

Do I start drawing pictures to point out the difference?

It was the worst, most bungled "coup" ever.

That's Trumpism. Idiocy top to bottom. He fired anyone competent over the years which lowered his chances of success.

He does not get a free pass for failing to destroy this country.

, no one will ever abuse censorship. Of course not. It will not be abused. Absolutely not.

No one has ever said this. Not a single person.

Politicians will be completely responsible

No one has ever said this. Not a single person.

You're damn right I'll be fair towards Biden, and I'll hold him to the same scrutiny I do Trump.

I've seen very little scrutiny.  Your scrutiny is revolving around Antifa, BLM, and censorship.

And if you think the media is okay now, or has improved, I'll stop right now

If you think I believe the media is ok, you don't read my posts.

The only improvement....and yes it is an improvement...is the lack of outrage articles and news segments regarding Trump's latest garbage tweet. Pretty sure you've complained in the past how they covered this but now you've got a problem with the lack of it. Literally the only change is they've shut him down because he tried plunging us into a dictatorship.

Oh fucking bullshit. I'm not going to listen to this absolute horse shit that I haven't held Trump to any scrutiny, I've lost friends over it, so fucking save it. I SAID HE NEEDED TO BE IMPEACHED. This is the typical lazy ass fallback fucking answer. There's a flipside to that asslicking coin. Political violence was legitimized by the media and those who justified it or stayed silent about it for the past year. I said on this forum violence would eventually be used by the right, the people you DON'T agree with, because it was normalized, and unfortunately, it did.

Draw this: When you make ANY case for censorship, then who makes those decisions? These are the questions I've asked. So GODDAMN, FUCKING RIGHT no one said it BECAUSE you guys wont answer the points monkey and I've brought up about the consequeces. Just more bullshit hyperbole about ridiculous coups. Yadayadayada.

Death is a death is a death. They matter.

And I sure as shit am not going to let you guys put words in my mouth to continue this circle jerk argument.

YOU SAID THE MEDIA HAVE GOTTEN BETTER SINCE HIS TWITTER WAS DELETED. All they've done is talk about Trump. All they will do is continue to talk about Trump. It hasn't stopped.

Have fun agreeing with each other. I'm out.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB