You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

It's official...

Trump has been impeached for the second time.

Now it goes to the Senate.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

An investigation top to bottom is needed right now. I wish they'd focus more on this than impeachment hearings.

Panic buttons had been ripped out of offices before they stormed the Capitol. Combine that with some of these people getting a tour of the Capitol beforehand, it's starting to look like a plan was in place. It just got fucked up.

No reason these two things can't happen side by side. News is supposed to focus on what is known and right now these are just details coming out drip by drip. It definitely is looking like a plan that just didn't go to plan rather than something more spur of the moment. Definitely starting to seem like those that invaded the capitol had help on the inside.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

What you’re speculating about isn’t known. It’s speculation. You nor the narrative you’re following have provided any evidence of a “plan”. When a law enforcement agency and not a progressive politician looking for attention make that claim and provide evidence, I’ll give it its due consideration.  You’re embracing the latest conspiracy from the same outlets and actors that have deceived you repeatedly.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

How about you demand the same evidence you required of Trump sycophants calling conspiracy.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What you’re speculating about isn’t known. It’s speculation. You nor the narrative you’re following have provided any evidence of a “plan”. When a law enforcement agency and not a progressive politician looking for attention make that claim and provide evidence, I’ll give it its due consideration.  You’re embracing the latest conspiracy from the same outlets and actors that have deceived you repeatedly.

How about you demand the same evidence you required of Trump sycophants calling conspiracy.

Well yeah, waiting for an investigation and this to be confirmed by agencies is smart. Can still be alarmed by testimony of people who were there though. I still would want evidence before action based on these claims is taken, doesn't mean I can't show concern about it.

Not sure when I was deceived previously.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Well yeah, waiting for an investigation and this to be confirmed by agencies is smart. Can still be alarmed by testimony of people who were there though. I still would want evidence before action based on these claims is taken, doesn't mean I can't show concern about it.

Not sure when I was deceived previously.

I saw a video yesterday of what appeared to be a newly elected lawmaker holding doors open and directing some intruders...don’t know if this is evidence of planning but it sure doesn’t look good.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Posted it earlier. There are definitely signs of a plan. Don't see why anyone can't speculate on it. If it's true or not is still unknown.

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

https://twitter.com/josie_bengbeng/status/1349396580596658176?s=20

[/embed]

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Then you have explosive devices planted etc.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Posted it earlier. There are definitely signs of a plan. Don't see why anyone can't speculate on it. If it's true or not is still unknown.

A day after the event happened, Jim Clyburn (Democratic House Member) said, they knew where my office was (it's unmarked) and they didn't go toward the one with my name over it.

Yeah they need to investigate this further.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Trump appears to be experiencing a lot of serious consequences in his personal life and business life. I'm wondering if this is the stuff that breaks him more than any impeachment.

Also, I'm reading that corporate donations have basically ceased to Republicans. I'm not exactly what that means...does it mean that all Republicans are losing donors?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Also, I'm reading that corporate donations have basically ceased to Republicans. I'm not exactly what that means...does it mean that all Republicans are losing donors?

Yes and no.  A fair number of these corps have specified that they will stop donating to those lawmakers who objected to the certification of the election results.

On the other hand, there are those businesses like Facebook, Microsoft, and Google who have just stopped donating period.

Board footer