You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

The flow of conversation has already changed but I want to comment on the race topic a few pages back....

Im with Flagg all the way. Poverty is the main issue. Actually it's how your community deals with it that is the problem.

The central valley has many poor neighborhoods. The absolute worst was the west side when it was majority black.... second worst is the west side when the Mexicans took it over.

Is it racist to acknowledge this? You tell me.  While telling me, come down here and I'll give you a 2 am cruise of these neighborhoods and I'll take a safe guess on which neighborhood you'll beg me to skip.

Hint: It's not the poor white neighborhood.

It seems to be a simplistic yet complex issue at the same time. It's also an issue where everyone is afraid to inject any honesty into the mix for fear of being branded the grand Wizard of the KKK. So nothing ever changes.

The trajectory were currently on isn't the answer. Pretending everything is racist, whining about privilege, etc just makes it worse. I remember on the Reddit feminist sub before it was banned for not believing women have penises, there were some black women on there talking about how this shit is half pandering, half talking down to them. They were right...and it's something the Dems need to figure out quick. Donald Trump was pulling minorities in for fucks sake. 

If the Dems had the answer, their cities wouldn't contain massive shit hole black communities that rival Somalia's crime rate.

Aunt Jemima isn't racist. No one thinks about racism when eating pancakes...not even David Duke or Jesse Jackson. The white meth heads in Stockton are not privileged. The answers we seek are not in that direction.

James

James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

This guy so deserves it. The only cop who stood out that day.

[/embed]

The cop who shot that woman deserves a medal. It gave the rest of those lunatics a moment of pause.

mitchejw wrote:

Kick ass at what?

EVERYTHING!!!!!!

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Listening to Biden talk compared to Trump, night and day.

Trump has these totally weird pauses when he speaks too.  Totally disrupts the flow of whatever he's trying to say.

But Biden just now seemed so exhausted and worn out from today. Understandable but still.

Of course he's worn out and exhausted. He's almost 80 for fucks sake.

Hell need oxygen after walking up the stairs to Air Force One.

I'm sticking to my prediction last year....

Eisenhower on steroids with a dose of late stage Reagan. As we get into his term you will see less and less of him. He'll be a gaffe machine so they'll tightly control public appearances. They were already doing it after he won. No tough questions from the media allowed. This is where he'll differ from late stage Reagan....Reagan could still whip up a good comeback or joke as a rebuttal.

It's still an improvement over what we had.

The US being the most powerful country in history is the only reason we can skate through any Trumps or Bidens without massive disasters.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

The flow of conversation has already changed but I want to comment on the race topic a few pages back....

Im with Flagg all the way. Poverty is the main issue. Actually it's how your community deals with it that is the problem.

The central valley has many poor neighborhoods. The absolute worst was the west side when it was majority black.... second worst is the west side when the Mexicans took it over.

Is it racist to acknowledge this? You tell me.  While telling me, come down here and I'll give you a 2 am cruise of these neighborhoods and I'll take a safe guess on which neighborhood you'll beg me to skip.

It seems to be a simplistic yet complex issue at the same time. It's also an issue where everyone is afraid to inject any honesty into the mix for fear of being branded the grand Wizard of the KKK. So nothing ever changes.

The trajectory were currently on isn't the answer. Pretending everything is racist, whining about privilege, etc just makes it worse. I remember on the Reddit feminist sub before it was banned for not believing women have penises, there were some black women on there talking about how this shit is half pandering, half talking down to them. They were right...and it's something the Dems need to figure out quick. Donald Trump was pulling minorities in for fucks sake. 

If the Dems had the answer, their cities wouldn't contain massive shit hole black communities that rival Somalia's crime rate.

Aunt Jemima isn't racist. No one thinks about racism when eating pancakes...not even David Duke or Jesse Jackson. The white meth heads in Stockton are not privileged. The answers we seek are not in that direction.

This is a really good post.  There's a similar area in the state I live in.  It's been like that for DECADES.  Drugs, homlessness etc.  They have tried to clean it up but efforts always fail or it always just stays the same.  It's not race or anything.  It's that these people are poor and congregate in that one area.  I just don't know how they can solve it.  It's socioeconomic and it's trying to get these people off of the streets and into some sort of normalcy.  I really wish the government would just spend more money of those type of initiatives instead of all the other pork and shit they waste on.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Of course class wars is a thing, always has been. That doesn't null and void racism which you do have a big issue with also. It's not just American as I've said numerous times. My own Country has shocked me the last few years. So much racism here I never knew existed to the extent it does. When you have counter protest to blm with mostly white males armed and with a camo obsession that's a clue. One of many.

Both can and do exist.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Also I forgot about that cop who shot the woman. Good point.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Sort the media out and police force. That would be a good start imo as they inflame a lot of the shit.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

This is a really good post.  There's a similar area in the state I live in.  It's been like that for DECADES.  Drugs, homlessness etc.  They have tried to clean it up but efforts always fail or it always just stays the same.  It's not race or anything.  It's that these people are poor and congregate in that one area.  I just don't know how they can solve it.  It's socioeconomic and it's trying to get these people off of the streets and into some sort of normalcy.  I really wish the government would just spend more money of those type of initiatives instead of all the other pork and shit they waste on.

I will never, EVER forget living on the west side for a few months or so in 82 when we moved back here from Arkansas. We were in Arkansas and Texas the summer of 82.

I was one of the only white kids in the class. The school was terrible. It perfectly fit with the neighborhood. Garbage everywhere. I was so happy when we moved to that new apartment complex near Salida(small town next to Modesto).

Why was this neighborhood so terrible, even in comparison to trailer parks near the river (poor white area)???

Why is the crime rate worse? Those in the trailer park got the same welfare and food stamps as those on the west side.

I have said it for years....

One small yet significant step is our country has to stop glorifying gang/thug culture. We've been doing it for twenty years.

Millions... including social justice warriors.... listen to music that says "the N word" every 10 seconds. If it's such an outrage, why are you listening to it? How can you sing along to it?

How do people from ALL walks of life relate to it?  Is slapping bitches, killing cops, doing drive bys, and using that dreaded word truly that relatable?

It infested our culture.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

This new press secretary is a breath of fresh air.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

This new press secretary is a breath of fresh air.

3 mins in and no lies detected lol.

Board footer