You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

That's fair enough, I don't have a clue who he is. Literally dozens of that video, that's the one I clicked on. I wasn't posting rex whoever, it was the video.

No need to think I'm some sinister dude man, I already have one of those.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Man, you follow some nuts on Twitter. Rex Chapman?

And Proud Boys aren't white supremacists, I posted a thing here a while back from an expert on White Supremacist groups, and she added the distinction was important. They're a weird group for sure. But if it makes them feel better, I guess.

I remember that post and you made some good points but it seems to me you're splitting hairs.

Not when a government is labeling something that it's not. I mean, it feels incredibly superficial and a big or move. Would it be better to start a program that looks into why these guys are attracted to these groups and how to reach them and prevent them from joining, like how we do Muslims to not get radicalized?

Yes it would be great to start a program that looks into why these guys are attracted to these groups. But everyone should be treated like this.

I would be strongly in favor of any type of program like that...

but I still feel the impact of the proud boys has been down played while BLM and ANTIFA has been played up.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

That's fair enough, I don't have a clue who he is. Literally dozens of that video, that's the one I clicked on. I wasn't posting rex whoever, it was the video.

No need to think I'm some sinister dude man, I already have one of those.

Not at all! Everyone has retweeted a psycho before. 16

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

happens to the best of us, Irish.

mitchejw wrote:

haha...the second trump impeachment...

the republican stance is the whole thing is unconstitutional...what a cowardly stance...that way they'll never actually have to say whether or not they believe Trump is responsible.

Whatever you do Republicans...never hold him responsible. Let's all pretend that didn't happen and blame BLM and ANTIFA forever.

Spending all my nights, all my money going out on the town
Doing anything just to get you off of my mind
But when the morning comes, I'm right back where I started again
Trying to forget you is just a waste of time

Baby come back, any kind of fool could see
There was something in everything about you
Baby come back, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong, and I just can't live without you

All day long, wearing a mask of false bravado
Trying to keep up the smile that hides a tear
But as the sun goes down, I get that empty feeling again
How I wish to God that you were here

Now that I put it all together
Give me the chance to make you see
Have you used up all the love in your heart
Nothing left for me, ain't there nothing left for me

Baby come back, listen, you can blame it all on me

I was wrong, and I just can't live

Did you write this one? I still think my ode to Buzz on the 4th of July was my finest work.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I remember that post and you made some good points but it seems to me you're splitting hairs.

Not when a government is labeling something that it's not. I mean, it feels incredibly superficial and a big or move. Would it be better to start a program that looks into why these guys are attracted to these groups and how to reach them and prevent them from joining, like how we do Muslims to not get radicalized?

but I still feel the impact of the proud boys has been down played while BLM and ANTIFA has been played up.

I disagree with this simply because the media overwhelmingly plays down or flat out don't report on BLM and antifas radical and violent aspects until they have to. But they have far more protection than any other political groups.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I disagree with this simply because the media overwhelmingly plays down or flat out don't report on BLM and antifas radical and violent aspects until they have to. But they have far more protection than any other political groups.

Hmm...I have the exact opposite interpretation. Agree to disagree I guess...

Except when there's something special going on I don't watch the news at all...

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

The new Q psychosis is Trump is the shadow president and will be inaugurated on March 3rd.

Another thing some of them believe is Biden is really Trump wearing a Biden suit.

Another is Biden is really JFK Jr. wearing a Biden mask like Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible.

Total insanity.

I always have to remind myself that there are actual living breathing humans here who believe this stuff no matter how batshit insane it sounds.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

35 plus hearings and investigations on Benghazi

20 plus hearings and investigations on Hillary

GOP on insurrection: GTFO

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

So Democrats during the greatest crisis since WW2 or the Spanish Flu according to them, are wasting time in the Senate on Impeachment rather than helping America.  That's a fact, not an opinion.

I've done a 180 on this. While I initially thought he should be charged with something , it's time to drop it and move on. Too many bigger fish to fry. It's obvious he will not be convicted so don't waste a nickel of money or a second of time on impeaching Trump.

The Trump presidency is over. They need to move on.

I do believe some members of Congress should be investigated for their role. I want it done quickly though. Once they turn it into a game....and with Pelosi's comment about "whiteness" being to blame, it looks like they're going to....my interest drops to zero.

Off topic I am quickly getting sick of this press secretary. She's an imbecile...or pretending to be one...and the media should be ashamed of the level of softball questions.

Asking about a potential future Olympics is idiotic, pointless, and questions like this only exist to drain out the clock. There's not a single reporter or viewer who actually cares what their view is on any future Olympics.

What's next, What's your favorite color?

misterID wrote:

Spending all my nights, all my money going out on the town
Doing anything just to get you off of my mind
But when the morning comes, I'm right back where I started again
Trying to forget you is just a waste of time

All day long, wearing a mask of false bravado
Trying to keep up the smile that hides a tear
But as the sun goes down, I get that empty feeling again
How I wish to God that you were here

Now that I put it all together
Give me the chance to make you see
Have you used up all the love in your heart
Nothing left for me, ain't there nothing left for me

Baby come back, listen, you can blame it all on me

I was wrong, and I just can't live

This is one of my all time favorite songs. It instantly takes me back to the late 70s riding around in my grandpa's pickup up in Sonora with him and my dad.

Here it is for anyone who never heard it....

Amazing....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
James wrote:

Total insanity.

Check this out.
https://twitter.com/tariqjenner/status/1354147804722192385?s=20

[/embed]

There needs to be a documentary on what this madness has done to people.

It's like people being turned into zombies.

Board footer