You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

Re: Current Events Thread

TheMole wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

The guy is constantly going below the belt with obnoxious and condescending attacks/posts. This thread actually resembled intelligent and polite discourse that week or so he decided he was going to piss off - then he came back and it promptly returned to the gutter.

Dingdingding! We have a winner!

I love lurking in this thread, but Flagg's posts have really turned me off lately. And not because of what he says (although I often disagree), but because he's can't make an argument without being condescending and rude. And the funny part is that despite the fact that he's clearly not dumb, he doesn't seem to realize that he would be so much more effective with his arguments if he turned down the condescending asshole act even the tiniest bit.

I know that I'm not the biggest contributer here so I probably should just STFU, but I wanted to support Jimmy and Axl S's posts on the matter 'cause they hit the nail right on the head.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

I think when people say "Hey wtf, why is this dude allowed to take these highly personal digs at me" the response here shouldn't be - "well you shouldn't have shared that info about yourselves then" instead of "you're right, what they said was fucked up and crosses a line". It blames the person who was attacked, not the person who was actually being a dick.

If it was Little Red Riding Hood or some long time member who rarely posts in this section like JimmytheGent came in here, made a post, and then gets personally attacked, my reaction would be different.

Go back and read the Flagg-Mitch-Irish arguments again from a neutral position. In this situation it takes three to tango. No one in that equation is innocent.

If someone in that dynamic wants to place me in a position where I have to ban their nemesis, maybe temporarily halt their own attacks and/or baiting the other into a fight.

I can't single someone out when several are doing it.

As I said earlier, I have no idea how deep this shit goes. There's always more than what happens publicly. I know for a fact some of these infamous feuds take place in PMs, social media, and sometimes on the phone...and we get a taste of it publicly.

One feud almost became face to face in real life...and I was being asked to referee that incident!

I've said it for years....stop playing with fire.

Don't think me trying to referee this shit from a neutral position means I don't take it seriously. I don't want anyone either being threatened or personally attacked. What's happening with this situation is it's building momentum like an avalanche. I keep telling everyone involved to stop but nobody listens...then they get mad when the latest attack doesn't go in their favor.

Remember the narrative where if we just ban Mitch, it creates heaven on Earth? Remember the narrative where if we just ban buzzsaw it creates heaven on Earth?

I remember....and it reinforces what I already knew....one specific person does not shoulder all the blame.

How hard can it be to just have a mature discussion about politics?

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:
TheMole wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

The guy is constantly going below the belt with obnoxious and condescending attacks/posts. This thread actually resembled intelligent and polite discourse that week or so he decided he was going to piss off - then he came back and it promptly returned to the gutter.

Dingdingding! We have a winner!

I love lurking in this thread, but Flagg's posts have really turned me off lately. And not because of what he says (although I often disagree), but because he's can't make an argument without being condescending and rude. And the funny part is that despite the fact that he's clearly not dumb, he doesn't seem to realize that he would be so much more effective with his arguments if he turned down the condescending asshole act even the tiniest bit.

I know that I'm not the biggest contributer here so I probably should just STFU, but I wanted to support Jimmy and Axl S's posts on the matter 'cause they hit the nail right on the head.

No you shouldn't STFU....you should post more in this section. Same with Jimmy. If more people would post in here, it would take the spotlight off this dynamic and maybe all parties involved would back away from it.

Yeah Flagg can hit below the belt...but so can the other two.

You're right....he's not dumb. The other two aren't either and it's one of the reasons I'm blown away by the fact that they can't just move away from the attacks.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

Not really worth its own thread but Screech from Saved by the Bell just died. He was 44.

Couple weeks ago he went to the hospital feeling sick. Found out he had stage 4 cancer. He's already dead.

That is frightening.

When we moved to Missouri in 92 we didn't have cable the first few months. I got sucked into watching shows like One Life To Live, General Hospital, a teen soap opera called Swan's Crossing, and Saved by the Bell.

I continued watching Swan's Crossing and Saved by the Bell until finally getting sick of them. They were both cheesy and in Saved by the Bell's case, clearly meant for a younger audience.

RIP Screech.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I know fuck all of rocky other than what he posts here. He posted shit about me that ain't true simple as that. You can call a spade a spade all day long James, but it means fuck all when you are both colourblind and have blurred vision. You are assuming people haven't read what happened. They have read it and are pointing out your bullshit.

I never got personal with Ricky yet here you are spouting that bs. Show me where seeing as you keep repeating I was as bad.

No guys, it's all you commenting that don't get it. Rocky n James are right, we are all wrong.
Funny I was a lurker too, my reason for posting so much is like others, I had enough of his crap. My posting is a product of rocky behaviour.
Yes go read the covid thread folks. See is James being accurate. He ain't.


Big shout out to you guys who called it out. Absolute bs.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 29 

Re: Current Events Thread

jimmythegent wrote:
James wrote:
TheMole wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

The guy is constantly going below the belt with obnoxious and condescending attacks/posts. This thread actually resembled intelligent and polite discourse that week or so he decided he was going to piss off - then he came back and it promptly returned to the gutter.

Dingdingding! We have a winner!

I love lurking in this thread, but Flagg's posts have really turned me off lately. And not because of what he says (although I often disagree), but because he's can't make an argument without being condescending and rude. And the funny part is that despite the fact that he's clearly not dumb, he doesn't seem to realize that he would be so much more effective with his arguments if he turned down the condescending asshole act even the tiniest bit.

I know that I'm not the biggest contributer here so I probably should just STFU, but I wanted to support Jimmy and Axl S's posts on the matter 'cause they hit the nail right on the head.

No you shouldn't STFU....you should post more in this section. Same with Jimmy. If more people would post in here, it would take the spotlight off this dynamic and maybe all parties involved would back away from it.

Yeah Flagg can hit below the belt...but so can the other two.

You're right....he's not dumb. The other two aren't either and it's one of the reasons I'm blown away by the fact that they can't just move away from the attacks.


Fair enough James - take your point about posting in this thread - I often enjoy reading it and hearing the pulse of American politics which I'm reasonably fascinated by...  Will post in here a bit more - there certainly is a lot going on!

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

And just do be clear I have never asked, nor do I want Rf to be banned. Just for the crap to be stamped out.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I’ll stick to you and your country mind your business and we will mind ours. Sorry for your loss Irish,  with your mom. It s rough and I have been there.

Nobody is right  or wrong in this shit America is in. Best left to stay out of it as there is no good party.

The unbelievably large amount of executive orders is unprecedented! I am scared as our radical rights are way more ready for war than the radical left. Yes, people should be scared as Our President seems to be way more headed to a Civil War than the right. Every executive order is just a way to push us further apart . Shocking

I don't  know what to make of this.
No idea how to even go about responding.

I thought I was on a message board.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I know fuck all of rocky other than what he posts here. He posted shit about me that ain't true simple as that. You can call a spade a spade all day long James, but it means fuck all when you are both colourblind and have blurred vision. You are assuming people haven't read what happened. They have read it and are pointing out your bullshit.

I never got personal with Ricky yet here you are spouting that bs. Show me where seeing as you keep repeating I was as bad.

No guys, it's all you commenting that don't get it. Rocky n James are right, we are all wrong.
Funny I was a lurker too, my reason for posting so much is like others, I had enough of his crap. My posting is a product of rocky behaviour.
Yes go read the covid thread folks. See is James being accurate. He ain't.


Big shout out to you guys who called it out. Absolute bs.

Not sure when I talked about anything he attributed to me there James? I mean you feel the need to defend him so I'm sure you will have no problem providing where I said any of what he said of my life. Married a girl with someone else's kids? Lol.

If it ain't true...how is it personal?

I don't know what the fuck you guys talk about with one another when not in this specific thread. If you've been reading my posts, I said many of these forum feuds over the years take place in various places.

I assumed it was a personal attack. Now you're telling me it's not. Nothing he said was true

Talk about lack of consistency....

I don't get personal, with one exception.

That's an interesting statement. I wonder who that one exception could possibly be?


Like Mitch...you bait him. He does it too...but you're claiming innocence.

I'm not spending time digging through the post history of the three of you. The bolded quote above regarding you not getting personal but there's one exception proves my point that three people are doing the tango....not one

Here's a couple recent examples....

Well you can thank us for the hypodermic needle used to inject the vaccine in to your body I guess.

Have a nice day brah!

--
Oh forgive those of us with a brain for not participation in the "racist thread" created and discussed by the above. Give me a break.

Those types of posts are bait. Period. You're looking for a reaction....and you got one.

Again....he does it too.



It went from personal attacks to none of it being true.



You went from saying you never get personal to there being only one exception to that rule.

Now you're linking me to Flagg because I say he's not the only one doing it, which is true.



Anyone here who has a few hours to spare, please read their old arguments with one another. You'll see I'm right...there's no innocent person in that mix. There are simply varying degrees of insults and attacks...it dies down...and then one of them baits the other and it all starts again.

I tried cleaning the slate yesterday and starting a new chapter yet here we are hours later going over this shit again. This is another aspect of the drama....a postmortem of the latest round before the next one kicks off.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

And just do be clear I have never asked, nor do I want Rf to be banned. Just for the crap to be stamped out.

I don't want to ban anyone. Completely unnecessary. Only in an extreme situation is it warranted.

You guys are adults. It's possible to just move forward and clean the slate...yet somehow we wind up in this situation.

Are we ready to move forward?

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB