You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

PaSnow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Ten, Vs and Vitalogy are the holy trilogy of Pearl Jam albums. After that, they were a bit hit or miss with good and bad tracks. You could kinda hear that they were starting to run out of steam on some Vitalogy tracks, but overall, it’s still a great album. And I actually prefer Vs to Ten. Such a great album, front to back, with the band let off the leash, pun intended.

Yeah, I heard the next album skips (No Code, 1996), but the one after that was good again (Yield, 1998) but I never bought or got too into either. Vitalogy was great when it came out, but lingered for about a year before it kinda was a different era in music. The Whipping is a pretty cool song. Like you Metallix I liked Vs more than Ten, although Ten is legendary & great album. I think Vitalogy saw Eddie Vedders musical preference taking over and doing away with the long Hendrix style songs & solos, and injecting himself with his lofi & three chord rock. Kinda ruined a special thing. I should give Vitalogy a listen. I think Ten is a better 'summer album' and Vitalogy & especially Vs sound great in the Fall.

Sky Dog wrote:

Stuck in the 70’s...1976 live albums Song Remains The Same and One More From The Road...Zep and Skynyrd. 3

Sky Dog wrote:

As for PJ and No Code...I think it is pretty solid....especially Red Mosquito, Present Tense, Hail Hail, Who You Are, In My Tree

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

It's 2021, and Journey is still releasing new music. GNR isn't.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm actually shocked that they're doing something new after hearing about all that band turmoil.

Due to finding out Rona De Ricci had a very small role in this video....

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Been on a massive Corrosion of Conformity kick lately. Awesome grooves and dirty metal. Stare Too Long is amazing as a changeup.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Amazing.

They don't make songs like this anymore and they never will again.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

New L.A. Guns is a billion times better than the new GNR. And Phil Lewis still sounds almost exactly the same as he did in 1988. Severely underrated band that is still creating kickass music. Tracii Guns is also a damn good player.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Me, I'm just glad his surname is the only thing Tracii contributed to GN'R. 20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfompXdWi6g

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The power in his voice is incredible.

Board footer