You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

sp1at wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:
sp1at wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Hah! Vindication. I mean, I didn't expect it to be Silkworms, but still.

Odd choice eh, haha, but hey ho, it sounds ok, and something new has been released.

heard anything new lately with all the chaos going on?

I've not asked, to be honest. Things appear to be panning out as I said earlier in the year. I'll leave it for a while

There's not alot of footprint for the new song at the moment, it's not coming up on ISRC or on SESAC. I cannot check Universal's system just now as I do not have my login for it. I'll keep checking about, but I'll leave asking questions for now.

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35

Sky Dog wrote:

There is really nothing left to ask anymore. The old guard is being ushered out. Things just come when they come. One day you notice that Murder Most Foul shows up on Dylan's page on Apple Music. Two weeks later you find out he is putting out a new album . Crazy times.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

0% chance of a new album this year. It's good that they released new music to accompany it but this is still being marketed as the "return to live shows" tour. I assume near the end of the year another NA tour will be announced immediately following the 2022 European tour, and that the album release will coincide with this "Next Chapter" tour, which is basically what it seems was planned for 2020.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

To play devil's advocate.

In our single and streaming culture, and in a world where there may be a limit on how many recordings exist, wouldn't it be better to space the recordings out than release an album?

If he has 1 album still in the tank...they drop it now...then what do they do in 2 years?

Alternatively you could release 1-3 new songs, drop them into the hits tour and boom - fresh show. Tour that globally for 2-3 years, take break...then repeat with another 3 songs.

You could make a 12 song album extend out for 4 or so tour cycles this way.

It would work - like Shadow of Your Love revitalised my NITL interest for a time, and now Absurd and the promise of hardschool has def made this tour back on the menu for most. Then in 2 years they can drop us Atlas and State of Grace or something....

who knows....hopefully they're dropping an album but they really could do anything these days.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

To play devil's advocate.

In our single and streaming culture, and in a world where there may be a limit on how many recordings exist, wouldn't it be better to space the recordings out than release an album?

If he has 1 album still in the tank...they drop it now...then what do they do in 2 years?

Alternatively you could release 1-3 new songs, drop them into the hits tour and boom - fresh show. Tour that globally for 2-3 years, take break...then repeat with another 3 songs.

You could make a 12 song album extend out for 4 or so tour cycles this way.

It would work - like Shadow of Your Love revitalised my NITL interest for a time, and now Absurd and the promise of hardschool has def made this tour back on the menu for most. Then in 2 years they can drop us Atlas and State of Grace or something....

who knows....hopefully they're dropping an album but they really could do anything these days.

Yes, I think releasing a new song every 4-6 weeks is a good way to go. They don't even have to release the album. Release 12 songs over however many months...and then the fans can put it all together as an album/collection.

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

BB has said in gnfnr that the new single is "LIARS" (renamed from "Oh My God").

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Has Brasky ever had a correct prediction?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

jw224 shared this Slash interview from 2019 before the fall tour that year. Totally flew under my radar and it was him saying 100% for certain that after those fall dates in 2019 it was straight on to finishing off the new album. It also aligns with what Fernando has said in 2020 about how this all would have kicked off a year ago if the pandemic hadn't happened.

I am becoming increasingly confident that an album is incoming.

slashinterview.png

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yep....reheated Peking duck on the menu.

Finally.....

He admits it without admitting it. Went from being nothing on the table to buffet ready to serve fairly quickly.

He sounds happy to be doing it. Just seeing Slash mention "next Guns record" is surreal.

Yeah.....no pandemic=we already have the album.

Crazy....

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I’m a bit worried no liftoff until 2022 but I guess we’ll see in the coming weeks

Board footer