You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Posters who vanished long ago....

Will wrote:

One last one I'd like to post if you'll indulge my nostalgia just a little longer please 16 This is something I worked on for a while but I don't think I ever showed anybody, definitely didn't release it, but looking back now I still think this was a pretty cool idea so I'd like to share some screenshots at least.

Essentially it was a GNR browser extension for Firefox/Chrome. It basically just added a GNR sidebar in your browser which was visible no matter where you went on the internet. Here I am on MSLs forum at the time with the sidebar closed:

sidebar-closed.jpg

You would go the website that I'd built and you could subscribe to whichever feeds you were interested in to get them into your sidebar:

site-homepage.jpg

Eg, If you like seeing GNR fanart you could subscribe to Deviant posts, if you're an Izzy fan you'd subscribe to Chopaway.com and ShuffleItAll board etc.

sidebar-open.jpg

^ You'd click on the sidebar to open it, and then you could switch the news feeds. So here I was on MSL's forum still, but I'm able to also view the latest posts from GNR's official site in the sidebar at the same time, and I can immediately switch the sidebars news source to say HTGTH using the dropdown menu:

switch-feed.jpg

I'd completely forgotten about this until I just stumbled on the screenshots looking through the Evo files big_smile

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Will thanks for posting that stuff. The plugin also looks pretty damn interesting man.

Side note, I remember there being a street team for awhile lol. Not sure how official that was. Great to see those old banners.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Will....I have a vague memory of you telling me about the browser extension idea but I don't think I ever saw it in action.

Jack...street team thing definitely wasn't official. I don't even remember where we were going with that....a LOT of drugs involved that's for sure.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Thanks guys, I remember you to PaSnow. I recognized a lot of nicknames but I also see there's been a few leaving. It's only natural I guess.

James

James wrote:
James wrote:

Tommy

I just found out that Tommie died in 2018. Dead at 35 from a heart attack.

Tragic.

He hadn't posted much post CD release but he was a great poster. He was a big off topic poster.... posted a lot of news articles.

He was one of the few forum people i  talked to on Facebook years ago when I used the site.

A massive bummer.     

RIP

James

James wrote:
James wrote:

Robman

Dead.

His girlfriend paid five guys to murder him.

Just unbelievably tragic.

I'm done looking. After I watched my Law and Order marathon, I got on Evo and was searching for something. Looked at an old thread and saw these guys. For shits and giggles, figured I'd look a few up and see if I could find them.

I looked up three members....two are dead.

I've said this before but when formerly active members just vanish and never reappear anywhere, I always wonder if they died.

In these two cases, they did.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

That is tragic. This fanbase isn't all that old, shouldn't expect to see a lot of deaths when people are still younger than 60.

This forum felt dead years ago but at least it still tinkers on in that walking dead mode. Still the only place to talk about Gn'R I think. Mygnr is a mess and htgth hasn't changed since 2006. I doubt there are many new sites being started up.

I guess that's why I came back. This band still holds a place in my heart and this is the only community left to talk about it. Much like the band itself. Might go a year without listening to it, but the interest always comes back at some point.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Good to see you again polluxlm...u vanished without a trace...I never even saw u on PS4 when I was online...lol

Hope all is well

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

My PS account was banned because of some payment issue and I had to start a new one. sad

Yes, thank you. The corona years have actually been good to me. Got started on two projects I wanted to do for a long time. And business wise people are spending more than ever so our company has had a great year.

GN'R have released music this year and there is even a Sopranos movie coming up, so it's shaping up to be a very good year.

James

James wrote:

Board footer