You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: The Matrix Resurrections

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Hmm, any idea on the backstory?  Both Trinity and Neo died in Matrix 3 right?  So are they saying there are 2 layers to the matrix and the original trilogy was just about escaping the first one?  If thousands of years have passed and these are new versions of neo and trinity, why the hell would they have dejavu?  I'm going to go see this, but my expectations are very low.  I think the Wachowskis struck gold with the first movie and it's been all down hill for them since.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Don't care what the story is. This is the first blockbuster in about 10 years I'm excited about seeing.

Who would have thought the Wachowskis would end up as one of the most creative film makers in modern Hollywood. They're about the only game in town now.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Don't care what the story is. This is the first blockbuster in about 10 years I'm excited about seeing.

Who would have thought the Wachowskis would end up as one of the most creative film makers in modern Hollywood. They're about the only game in town now.

And they are now Trans lol.

And also no Lawrence Fishbourne. He wasn’t asked apparently.

Hell yes I want to see it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Matrix 3 was one of the worst films ever made.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

And they are now Trans lol.

And also no Lawrence Fishbourne. He wasn’t asked apparently.

They killed Morpheus off in a video game that was scripted by the Wachowskis and is (apparently) considered part of the canon by them. Though Neo and Trinity were killed off in the third film and they're back, so who knows?

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

It looks like garbage visually.

C'mon Bill Pope you're better than this.

I think Jupiter Ascending had interesting ideas but was a mess of a movie. I hope Lana repurposed that into this.

It could easily become a woke disaster though. I hope it's good.

Randall Flagg wrote:

Hmm, any idea on the backstory?

Thomas Anderson was reinserted into The Matrix and now works for a video game company who created the hit game, "The Matrix".

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Wagszilla wrote:

Thomas Anderson was reinserted into The Matrix and now works for a video game company who created the hit game, "The Matrix".

I know no one has the complete answer yet (unless you worked on the film), but that sounds to be in direct conflict with the continuity and story of the first 3 films.  Anderson/Neo died at the end of Matrix 3.  The anomaly he represented was a variance of DNA that was predicted to occur every few centuries or millennia.  The idea that a new person would born in the aftermath of the Matrix 3 and look like Keanu and have the same affinity for machine interface is just...absurd (yes, there are multiple levels to this pun).  Add Trinity into the mix, and we're talking odds on the order of magnitude of your hand being able to pass through a wooden table because the atomic structure aligns perfectly.

There's a million reasons why they're back, the machines cloning them for some nefarious purpose being the most obvious sci-fi answer. But I don't think the Wachowski's are up to the task of writing a good story that makes sense.  Matrix 1 was awesome because we barely knew anything about the real world.  Once they added that context in 2 and 3, it just seemed more and more sloppy writing.  I'm going to see it, but they've had 15+ years to come up with an awesome script, so anything short of that is a misstep.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

We don't really know that they died at the end of 3. The easiest way out of this would be to just say the machines kept them alive somehow and injected them into tubes. The deal at the end of 3 was that the Matrix would continue to exist. The drama would then be that something about this has gone wrong and become evil, the usual. Let's not forget that the end line of Revolutions is that we will see Neo again.

Board footer