You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Metallica - Black album box set

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Holy shit. This gave me goosebumps.

Wow.

It is scary that this album...which is a monster already in its original form....could have easily been improved in the mixing phase.

Found this out when watching this documentary....

Album should've got a rerelease in 92-93 with a different mix....they could've milked it for another year.

Love the opening 1991 footage showing fans. Really makes me long for that time. Such an amazing world back then.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Holy shit. This gave me goosebumps.

Wow.

It is scary that this album...which is a monster already in its original form....could have easily been improved in the mixing phase.

Found this out when watching this documentary....

Album should've got a rerelease in 92-93 with a different mix....they could've milked it for another year.

Love the opening 1991 footage showing fans. Really makes me long for that time. Such an amazing world back then.

In that video you linked they mention the orchestra mix at like the 43 minute mark. I think we're basically getting that alternate album mix with this release. Exciting times.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Newsted doing an unboxing video.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

They also just dropped new proshot of Of Wolf and Man

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I’ve got my pre-order in, I can’t wait to get my hands on this!

Whether you like Metallica or not, you gotta hand it to them for unloading the vault and releasing it to their fans.

I hope GN’R have learnt from the negative feedback from the AFD box, and give us a better box for UYI

James

James wrote:

Even though not officially released for a few more days, some people have already got this.

If you pre-ordered it, keep an eye on your mailbox.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I’m still waiting for my box set to arrive here in Australia, but I’ve been listening to it on streaming services, and it’s taken me right back to that era.

Especially listening to the demos and work in progress stuff, it’s just awesome stuff. To hear the original riff tapes that they turned into the massive songs they became, is pretty amazing

James

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I’m still waiting for my box set to arrive here in Australia, but I’ve been listening to it on streaming services, and it’s taken me right back to that era.

Especially listening to the demos and work in progress stuff, it’s just awesome stuff. To hear the original riff tapes that they turned into the massive songs they became, is pretty amazing

I didn't buy it yet. I definitely want it though.

It should be THE box set for Gen X. A monumental record.

As I mentioned earlier, these alt mixes deserved to come out back then. I think people would have double dipped for it.

Like UYI, achtung Baby, and Nevermind, it's an incredible snapshot of the early 90s zeitgeist.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

It’s cool they put so much out but I listened to like 2 hours of rough demos with extremely negligible differences.

I hope tomorrow yields more cool stuff like the NEM posted on page 1.

James

James wrote:

Wow...they actually included my Metallica Holy Grail.... Jason's original demo of My Friend of Misery that they took the intro for and tossed the rest...which pissed him off but he had to just sit there and take it.

Board footer