You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:

The ISRC code for Absurd is USUG12103950, and the ISRC code for Hard Skool is USUG12103961.

Sometimes for albums, the codes run as a numerical sequence (I think this happened with CD and other GN'R releases), so this could imply that an entire album has been handed over, and that Hard Skool is 11 tracks after Absurd on the album. Nothing is registered on the numbers in between, but there are other tracks for other artists before and after these codes.

Of course, it might mean nothing

Hopefully means something. How did you find this?

The ISRC is generally found on streaming sites, or song directory sites. It doesn't conclusively mean anything, I think Better had a slightly earlier reference to the rest of CD, but if the band have submitted a batch of songs, they can follow a sequence that matches the tracklist

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35
elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:

The ISRC code for Absurd is USUG12103950, and the ISRC code for Hard Skool is USUG12103961.

Sometimes for albums, the codes run as a numerical sequence (I think this happened with CD and other GN'R releases), so this could imply that an entire album has been handed over, and that Hard Skool is 11 tracks after Absurd on the album. Nothing is registered on the numbers in between, but there are other tracks for other artists before and after these codes.

The ISRC is generally found on streaming sites, or song directory sites. It doesn't conclusively mean anything, I think Better had a slightly earlier reference to the rest of CD, but if the band have submitted a batch of songs, they can follow a sequence that matches the tracklist

That kinda suggests that at one point they envisaged Better being a single.

Which it should have been. Their approach to the CD singles was nonsensical. Chinese Democracy with that extended intro and no radio edit, and Street of Dreams?

It should've been Better straight out the gate, and TWAT for that "November Rain epic" vibe (and to prove that the CD-era guitarists could throw down when it came to an epic Slash-style guitar solo).

Sky Dog wrote:

I would have went with IRS then TWAT….much closer to being old school Gnr. They also have 2 massive Buckethead solos which could have tossed Bucket in to a guitar hero roll like Randy Rhodes did with Ozzy. bucket

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

That kinda suggests that at one point they envisaged Better being a single.

It might have something to do with Better being ready for the Harley Davidson ad.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Gotcha.

What do you think are the chances of a digital album release this year with physical copies to follow in 2022 (maybe when the tour ramps back up)?

I’m still hoping, but the argument remains - why release an album when the EP’s not even been released yet? neutral

Sky Dog wrote:

What the fuck….of all the bands ever created, this is more ass backwards than them. We have no fucking idea what they are going to do…even more so now than ever. The guy who owns the brand also owns this! It’s probably literally changes day to day as they or he tries to figure out this new world. It’s insane. If the music is good, then fucking put it out and let the chips fall where they may. You have nothing to lose. They won’t do it. They threw you three fucking outtakes reworks…nothing more and they are being treated with lukewarm receptions and asterisks in their reviews….”reworked songs from the CD sessions”. Despite how you feel emotionally, that’s all they are. The new new Gnr needs to write their own fucking songs and release them!!!

Sky Dog wrote:

Just listen to You Could Be Mine and then Hard Skool back to back. If you are going to try to be old Gnr, then that is the last great rocker released as a single. Don’t throw up a photo shopped carved up copy of a song most of the current highly paid musicians didn’t write!

It’s a joke. I would literally prefer they got back together for nostalgia purposes only and said we are only doing songs released between   87-91 and covers.

I just can’t wrap my brain around the fact that someone couldn’t really get this thing back to where it deserves to be. Most of this stuff is just flat out common sense that any allegedly intelligent individual should comprehend.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I just can’t wrap my brain around the fact that someone couldn’t really get this thing back to where it deserves to be. Most of this stuff is just flat out common sense that any allegedly intelligent individual should comprehend.

The two problems (maybe) here are that we have no idea how motivated the red head really is in creating music.  And maybe he and Slash/Duff just can't write/record together (without Izzy) like the old days.  Slash obviously works on a different wavelength than Axl and maybe those differences can't/won't ever be resolved to where they can write and record normally as a band anymore.

Sky Dog wrote:

Yep….a very real problem that Tommy and Westerberg had to confront. All Mat’s fans were way too sure they could do their partial reunion tour and it would spark a new album. After going in the studio and actually trying to make an album, it just didn’t work. Both bands were 80’s bands and actually very similar in attitude. What made them so great then, is actually extremely hard to recreate in your 50’s. You just don’t have that piss and vinegar anymore. It’s a job and maybe a fun job, but in the end it is a well earned paycheck.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Axl can still sing and he did approve his voice on Looney Tunes. There's no particular reason to think he won't participate in new music with Slash and Duff. You might want to prepare for the devastating thought that S&D think some of the CD stuff is cool and fresh and that's why we're getting it. Doesn't mean we won't get other stuff. Axl has been wanting to work with Slash for 20 years, that should inspire..something.

Board footer