You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: UYI Box set coming 2022

FlashFlood wrote:

I agree with James in the sense that there’s a higher premium on the Izzy days. I think what leaves a sour taste in fans mouth’s is the Tokyo VHS/DVD. They showcased GnR at the height of bloat, with Gilby and Matt, Tracy and Roberta, Teddy Zig Zag…Decades later you would never know they did the Skin n Bones tour. It’s the only officially released show on video by the band and that’s a shame.

Side note - I remember when they finally released Tokyo on DVD…what a feeling!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

It would be cool if they provided 3 shows. 91, 92, 93 to showcase the different phases of that tour.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

On this day and age, live shows would only make a splash if released in video.
Put it on a streaming service bundled with Perfect Crime and call it a Use Your Illusion anthology.
Audio only will flop like AFD collection did.

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

Instead of the Warfield show in SF 1991.

What about the next show at The Pantages in Hollywood.

We know for a fact that was filmed for the Mr Brownstone, and My Michelle music videos.

I would love to see that whole show again.
I was there, and they were amazing that night.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Would be great to hear some UYI demo tracks with Adler on them. I think I remember Civil War was the only one that he sat on before being booted but... memory is hazy on that.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Slightly OT...but did we ever get to the bottom of what was destroyed in that record company fire a few years back?

My fear is the treasure trove of UYI shows no longers exists cos it was burnt to the ground.

I hope not though.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Would be great to hear some UYI demo tracks with Adler on them. I think I remember Civil War was the only one that he sat on before being booted but... memory is hazy on that.

Most of UYI has a demo with Adler on it.

A bunch from Mates rehearsal studio. I can’t find that link but here is Don’t Damn Me

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I want everything with Adler. It was the end of an era and to properly release those tracks would give him respect as well as acknowledgment - which he deserves, and emotionally seems to need.

Wildcard desire: That we get some post-UYI material that shows where they were headed before the split.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I hope it has all the esoteric stuff you guys are listing, but if you just expect vinyl remasters of UYI 1&2 with a couple CDs of demos, you won’t be disappointed. Including Adler tracks means they need to pay Adler, and I don’t think that’s likely.

I’m hoping they include the dvd version of the making of trilogy, but am expecting what I got with the $200 AFD collectors. If they start the UYI box at $500 instead of $1000 this time, I’ll seriously consider it.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

What if they sell it as two boxsets (an orange one and a blue one) each priced at a $1000 and released on the same day 16

Board footer