You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

What movie apps/sites do you guys use?

I usually like to rotate the sites you pay for...I'll drop one and  add one every few months or so.

I just ended Hulu... considering getting Netflix again for awhile but the last time I had it....like 90% garbage.

Amazon Prime is great...I rotate premium channels on there too.

The best free site is Tubi. Yeah there's a ton of B movies but a lot of gold mixed in with the shit.

Pluto TV is ok but the ads are really bad.

I've noticed lately that some of those websites that have almost every movie are starting to have server issues. It reminds me of all those sites from the mid 2000s that would go down half the time.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Just watched Top Gun Maverick

Holy Fock!!!!

just watched it in an IMAX Dome here in Birmingham, AL (McWane Center). I was dead center right below projector. Incredible movie and watching it in IMAX was mind blowing.

My new GOAT top 3:
Gladiator
Top Gun Maverick
Rocky

Non stop adrenaline rush. A true blockbuster! Fantastic!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Does seeing it in IMAX give you motion sickness?

James wrote:

I usually like to rotate the sites you pay for...I'll drop one and  add one every few months or so.

I just ended Hulu... considering getting Netflix again for awhile but the last time I had it....like 90% garbage.

The best free site is Tubi. Yeah there's a ton of B movies but a lot of gold mixed in with the shit.

I've noticed lately that some of those websites that have almost every movie are starting to have server issues. It reminds me of all those sites from the mid 2000s that would go down half the time.

Amazon, Hulu, Pluto, Roku, Disney+, Starz

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Does seeing it in IMAX give you motion sickness?

James wrote:

Amazon, Hulu, Pluto, Roku, Disney+, Starz

No way. It was an awesome experience. And I was in the big dome. Saw right below the projector, so middle of the theater

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Luck, is the tv series with Hoffman, right?  I never got why they cancelled it.

3 horses died during production. PETA was pressuring HBO and the lackluster viewership probably influenced their decision.

Animals dying is rare in movie making and I can understand why that would be unacceptable, but seeing as this was a horse racing show it was bound to happen. Horses routinely have to be put down due to injuries sustained in such races. If you are to make a realistic show this will always be a risk.

A shame because this show was supposed to be Milch's magnum opus. Dude has gambled away tens of millions of dollars at the horse track. He knows the environment down to the last detail. It did make for a very immersive experience. Now that he has dementia it will be the last we see of him.

James

James wrote:

Unlawful Entry - This had a lot more potential. It starts out with a bang but it just falls apart and logic gets tossed out the window. They also made Madeline Stowe's character as dumb as a box of rocks.

Liotta's partner's reactions to what is happening early on insinuates that he's done this before....but they never go anywhere with it.

Liotta plays a great crazy, corrupt cop but there's no method to his madness. We aren't given a real reason for why he focused in on Russell and Stowe. It just happens.

The Unforgivable - I had high hopes for this at the beginning. It's obvious that this is going to be Bullock's best role...she's actually not playing herself.

It runs in place for too long and that little twist pissed me off. I stopped caring at that point.

I Saw The Light - Jesus Christ...what a waste.  It's just so bland and soulless. You couldn't make a worse Hank Williams movie if you tried.

That ending is shit...how in the hell do you not show his final car ride?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Ray Liotta doubleheader:

Unforgettable.  This one is ok but too long for my tastes.  Also I was hoping for more of the science aspect; instead they focused on the killer/crime angle.  I rarely say this but this one could use a modern remake, and focus more on the memory aspect of the film.  I thought Fiorentino's role was sort of basic (not her fault, they didn't give her as much to do).

Identity.  Saw this one years ago.  It's probably a film that I would only watch once.  The ending doesn't make that much sense to me.  Amanda Peet was hot here and makes me wonder why she didn't become a bigger star.

James

James wrote:

Amanda Peet was hot here and makes me wonder why she didn't become a bigger star.

Yeah... should've happened. I first saw her back then on an episode of Law and Order.

There's a lot of low-mid level actresses from that period that deserved better careers. It had to be frustrating for many of them. Looks like your career is entering the stratosphere...here comes a different batch of actresses moving up while you run in place or fade into obscurity.

Excluding those who sleep their way to the top, I've never understood exactly how Hollywood picks and chooses who moved up and down the totem pole.

I don't remember her name as it's been awhile since watching it, there's an actress on a late 80s episode of Matlock that was smoking hot. There's probably an alternate universe where she got Julia Roberts career instead of being a name I can't remember.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Watched “Something Wild.” My favorite Ray Liotta  film next to Goodfellas.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Who is going to see Maverick so I have someone to talk to about it?

Board footer