You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Slash confirms “one or two” new songs by June

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Talking of names, what was that other phrase that someone found was listed and was rumoured to be an album title then withdrawn at some point? (Memory very bad these days sorry)

Stay of Execution

It was actually a killer title.

That’s the one, thank you. Does anyone have any idea what it was meant for?

It was always assumed by hardcores and "insiders" that this was CD II being worked on right before the reunion.

I now believe it was something reunion related. As we now know, they were already in contact at that point and new GNR no longer an actual band( it was "left in Vegas").

In fact...it was trademarked after new GNR's last show.

It may have been what they considered calling the upcoming reunion tour, or naming the initial promo that was planned, such as the Star Wars teaser and anything professional that might have followed.

Once they went with the obvious winner of Not In This Lifetime, no need to stay the execution of Stay of Execution.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Talking of names, what was that other phrase that someone found was listed and was rumoured to be an album title then withdrawn at some point? (Memory very bad these days sorry)

Stay of Execution

It was actually a killer title.

Now I think about it sounds similar to ‘Appetite for Destruction’.  But not that good, obviously!

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Then there was “2000 Intentions” but we have yet to get it verified from a legitimate source.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Here is one of the fan made album covers...

0b7dcefca1adc0bfb56ee5de0a08dbcf--guns-n-roses.jpg

Couldn't find that killer 2000 Intentions fan made cover. Link must be broken.

Found this one made around the same time...

rnfjyi2rqno31.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f2e6fd4671eb2f4ee562cb1c45d52374b60a48c5

Edit

Just found it....

the-village-cc-2000-intentions-01.png

Here's the other...

the-village-cc-2000-intentions-02.png

Sky Dog wrote:

I love the idea of Stay of Execution…still a perfect title for a Gnr album

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

Another Year, another disappointment.

What a shit Reunion.

7 fuckin years = 2 old demos re-rerecorded. 

I really thought we were finally getting a New album last year when they released "Absurd", but instead we just got another stupid plan (every song a single) that they will never follow through on.

I give up,
Fuck GNR, the most Disappointing Band in the World.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
Tortilla_Man wrote:

Another Year, another disappointment.

What a shit Reunion.

7 fuckin years = 2 old demos re-rerecorded. 

I really thought we were finally getting a New album last year when they released "Absurd", but instead we just got another stupid plan (every song a single) that they will never follow through on.

I give up,
Fuck GNR, the most Disappointing Band in the World.

I hear ya, that’s where I’m at too

Sky Dog wrote:

Come on…at some point, after 35 years as a fan, you accept reality. Stones new songs are the same…you listen to it a few times and you go “it’s not Rocks Off”. I honestly don’t care. I love what we got and the rest is fluff.

Sky Dog wrote:

That being I love AFD through UYI and a good bit of Chinese but bread and butter will always be 87-91

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

That being I love AFD through UYI and a good bit of Chinese but bread and butter will always be 87-91

Agree, there is nothing that is going to match those 4 years. Even if we never got a new song it wouldn't matter all that much because golden age can not be repeated.

I asked this question on some forum a while back: "why do bands lose their creativity in mature age?". Incredibly the responses acted like they didn't know what the hell I was talking about. As if that was not a thing at all.

Spud from Trainspotting put it well: Once you lose it you can never get it back.

Board footer