You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

polluxlm wrote:

Is it another cut or just a HD release?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

On 4k Blu-ray, Heat is presented in 2160p at with HDR10 High Dynamic Range. The soundtrack is provided in DTS- HD Master Audio 5. 1, with subtitles provided in English, English SDH, French, and Spanish.

By the way, this is the Director’s Definitive Edition and not the original theatrical version or edited-for-TV version. The Definitive Edition (like a previous Blu-ray cut) removed the line “Ferocious, aren’t I?” but mainly involved color corrections instructed by Director Michael Mann during a 4k restoration of the film.

The Ultimate Collector’s Edition of Heat includes a 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and code to redeem a Digital Copy via Movies Anywhere partners. Legacy bonus features on a second Blu-ray disc include Q&A with Michael Mann, Q&A with Christopher Nolan, a 3-part making-of documentary, deleted scenes, and more. The 4k Blu-ray includes a “Bonus Extra” (TBD).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Fences - Denzel is amazing. He's moving up my list of best actors. He should've won the Oscar for this. I checked and Viola Davis won for her role in this as his wife.

He also directed it. I had no idea he was directing.  That caused me to watch....

Antwone Fisher - This was pretty good. Another one I'm surprised it took so long to finally watch. I love Joy Bryant...I wish she was in more films I like.

Blue Chips - Hadn't watched this since renting it once when it came out on VHS. It's a good story...and Shaq didn't get on my nerves like he did back in the day...but I hated the last 15 minutes. After one win, Nolte's character decides to come clean at the press conference? Come on! It wasn't realistic.

I liked Ed O' Neill as the reporter but this role should've been expanded...show him investigating Nolte and the team.

Runt - Amazing. Definitely one of the best movies about bullying/high school. I was expecting a typical shooting like you usually see in these types of films...glad they approached it differently.

I looked this up after watching it and found out that the lead actor died a few months after filming this. Terrible...he clearly had potential.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

On 4k Blu-ray, Heat is presented in 2160p at with HDR10 High Dynamic Range. The soundtrack is provided in DTS- HD Master Audio 5. 1, with subtitles provided in English, English SDH, French, and Spanish.

By the way, this is the Director’s Definitive Edition and not the original theatrical version or edited-for-TV version. The Definitive Edition (like a previous Blu-ray cut) removed the line “Ferocious, aren’t I?” but mainly involved color corrections instructed by Director Michael Mann during a 4k restoration of the film.

The Ultimate Collector’s Edition of Heat includes a 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and code to redeem a Digital Copy via Movies Anywhere partners. Legacy bonus features on a second Blu-ray disc include Q&A with Michael Mann, Q&A with Christopher Nolan, a 3-part making-of documentary, deleted scenes, and more. The 4k Blu-ray includes a “Bonus Extra” (TBD).

I'd like to pick this up but man I've already bought this at least 3 times (DVD, 2000s BD, 2017 BD) and the director's definitive edition is the cut included on the 2017 BD.  The steelbook is really nice though.

Found this on some site for some movie review I was looking up and this basically describes most of the quality of movies provided on streamer sites:

Netflix cranks out movies like The Wrath of God vicious aplomb. There’s probably a sometimes-grisly, hastily written, generic thriller like this for every language in the streamer’s international market, rendered quickly consumable so it can rocket into the top-10-movies tier for a day or three and then fade into the ever-deepening tar pit of an on-screen menu, where it can half-life its way to disintegration.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I own two Hellboys because of the special features. 16

Netflix is going to stop making films like Irishman because they’re too expensive. So, they’re going to spend 100 million on 90 films no one watches instead of one film that brings them credibility, awards and subscribers. Okay.

James

James wrote:

He Got Game - I almost passed on this...I don't like Spike Lee or his films. Since I've been going through Denzel's movies lately, decided to give it a shot.

Definitely one of Lee's best. The subplot with Milla Jovovich as a prostitute living next to Denzel was a complete waste of time...it just took away from the story.

Crazy how Kobe Bryant was supposed to star in this but passed at the last minute. You can easily imagine him in that role.

Wish You Were Here - This was one of those movies where I realized I had already watched it before years ago. A slow burn and they build it up like a big climax is coming but it falls a bit flat.

Midnight Cowboy - Amazing. Hell...it's worth watching just to see 1969 NYC.

Crazy how this was rated X at the time.

James

James wrote:

The Doors - This isn't about The Doors... it's about Jim Morrison...and holy shit does Stone make him really unlikable here.

I was flabbergasted when they had the final two years of his life condensed down to 20 minutes.

He wasted a great cast on this story.

The Silence (2013) - A German film about two girls being murdered 23 years apart in the same spot. A slow burner...I highly recommend it.  I wish American crime movies could be like this.

I may have to dive back in to foreign films.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I love The Doors, just the visuals alone, but that was more Oliver’s fantasy of him being Jim.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I’ve done shrooms a handful of times, but the first time I did them I watched The Doors. For some reason the idea of someone’s soul jumping inside of me seemed more probable on the Psilocybin.

I finally got around to watching Brightburn. Compared to Injustice or The Boys, it just came across as a lame story.

James

James wrote:

Unstoppable - Another good Denzel action movie but I didn't like his co-star. I also didn't like how they had the two of them split duties stopping the train during the climax....just let Denzel do it for fucks sake.

Space Cowboys - I really liked this but it was ridiculous how the satellite winds up being a nuclear weapons platform and I really rolled my eyes at Tommy Lee Jones being launched at the Moon.

Stepmom - I wish I hadn't picked this as the movie to watch as I'm laying down to go to bed. Other than the young boy, these people are insufferable.. even the daughter.

In reality, Julia Roberts character would have said fuck this and bailed out of this situation.

It starts getting sappy in the middle...then they start getting along...then back to insufferable. I finally realized these people deserved each other.

It pissed me off that they weren't willing to have Sarandon die at the end...it's the natural end to such a story. Having it end with this perfect Christmas where they're all together was a cop out.

I'll never watch this again.

Board footer