You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Guns n Roses=a joke

slashsfro wrote:

Most of these takes are on point.  Slash and Duff don't want to upset the touring revenue and get cast out again and miss out on money.  And they can easily write, produce and release new music with their side gigs. 

On the TB thing, didn't they give Axl an ultimatum of we are your managers or we walk?  That's insane if you think about it.  GNR is basically a greatest hits/touring machine at this point.  I've accepted it and don't get upset with the lack of new music.

It is kind of sad how they pissed away their legacy with infighting and non activity.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

GN'R started being run like shit after Axl Rose became the boss. He's the boss but he doesn't want to lead.

Yeah, that's the gist of it.

polluxlm wrote:

With Axl nothing ever makes any sense.

It's the old hat. Anxiety. In the past, Axl's been terrible with show starts. Cold feet, stagefright, whatever. Getting him even to the right city, let alone the venue has often been a chore. The same with releasing albums, and even, doing interviews. Eddie Trunk once let out that TB kept them waiting for hours post-show, not telling Axl in advance, out of fear that he'd be "freaked out for days". Anxiety attacks are something he's been apparently battling with most of his life. So he may "want" to do things with the band, until his insecurities bite him in the ass. Even big bags of money have been irrelevant next to his fierce inner critic, which can be amped up with a careless visit to the GNR forums.

Anxiety's tricky, as it can lead to shooting oneself in the foot. One creates circumstances wherein one is late for an appointment, and the rush increases the marginal of error. This has been another recurring cycle for Axl in public. He's made it an uphill battle by procrastinating and then something blows up at his face due to the strain. His own choices and phobias, so there's little to defend there. Sympathizing him would be easier if he'd own up his dysfunctionality, instead of blaming other people for his grievances every single time.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Every time I think about them recording Slash and Duff overdubs on old Chinese Democracy songs instead of, y'know, getting together in a room and jamming something like every other fucking band on the planet.

6mg2vn.jpg

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Every time I think about them recording Slash and Duff overdubs on old Chinese Democracy songs instead of, y'know, getting together in a room and jamming something like every other fucking band on the planet.

https://i.imgflip.com/6mg2vn.jpg

Couldn’t agree more. What’s more try Izzy and Steven in the room too

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

Wherever Axl goes music doesn't get released.

Slash n Duff always had New albums to tour behind whether it was Snakepit, Neurotic Outsiders, Loaded, SMKC,  Solo Albums, etc.
Until they rejoined GnR and Axl and his new music graveyard.

AC/DC is another band that always has a New Album to tour behind,  in fact Axl is the only singer to ever be in AC/DC that never recorded a AC/DC album. 

Wherever Axl goes nothingness follows

Axl = death of New music

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Tortilla_Man wrote:

Slash n Duff always had New albums to tour behind whether it was Snakepit, Neurotic Outsiders, Loaded, SMKC,  Solo Albums, etc.

AC/DC is another band that always has a New Album to tour behind, in fact Axl is the only singer to ever be in AC/DC that never recorded a AC/DC album.

Axl = death of New music

Not the perfect analogy when AC/DC have only had 3 singers, but I still loled. 14

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Tortilla_Man wrote:

AC/DC is another band that always has a New Album to tour behind,  in fact Axl is the only singer to ever be in AC/DC that never recorded a AC/DC album. 

Axl = death of New music

Saw this post on another forum under another name. Not sure why it bothers me but it kind of does.

Tortilla_Man

Tortilla_Man wrote:

tongue

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I had not heard the Eddie Trunk story before. Is it posted on YouTube? What was the concern, that Axl needed to be eased into knowing Eddie was there?

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
DtM51 wrote:

It is so sad to see a band that is loved by so many, that has so many good songs in such a small catalogue of music, continue to not release music. Yes we got Absurd and Hard Skool, both of which I really like, but it seems like that’s it? Every 6 months we get a member saying some bullshit about new music and get nothing. We all know there are songs done, songs redone, and songs that probably got finished that we have no clue about.
Ok so we didn’t get an album, so far no songs either. What really makes this band a joke though? THE FUCKING MANAGEMENT! No updates on the box set, no updates on music, no interaction at all with the fans. A complete and utter joke.

If the reason we can’t get new music is because of Slash and Duff re joining and the ‘instability’ of trying to write/record/re-record new music and RELEASE it… than I am 100% with Chris Pittman and say fuck the oldies band. Release CD2 as it was or continue on with your boring nostalgia bullshit tour going on it’s 6th year?? Even the band looks bored to death on stage! Maybe just let us fans in on what’s going on..’hey GnR fans, we are trying to get an album out mid September 2022!’ ‘There are delays on the box set, we don’t know when that will be coming but you can expect a digital release by…’ something, anything, we as fans are sick of being ignored.

Sincerely,
Just about every fucking fan of this band.

I dont even want CD leftovers with slash and duff on them because they sound like crap. Absurd and hard school both pale in comparison to the 99-02 versions.  Hard school sounds like Axl is singing through a tin can and string and the guitars sound like a midi file.

It's so dumb they are trying to add 25-year odl vocals to new guitars.

Board footer