You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Re: Can you see Slash leaving again?

Tortilla_Man wrote:

Miser found his way to Evo.
Careful guys ,
He is known to destroy message boards.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think the reunion has been really cool.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Just sing deeper, Axl
FYTe46uWYAAs5jY?format=jpg&name=900x900

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Only way I can see Slash leaving would be if Axl somehow forced his hand - like hypothetically if Axl refused to tour at all unless Slash quit all side bands, or if Axl started having UYI era meltdowns on stage frequently etc.

Given Axl's current state neither of those things seems likely.

I think the guys realised they made a huge mistake in the first place going. GNR is a cash machine for them, and even if it wasn't it must have been aweful watching other versions of the band endlessly covering your songs etc. They are back home where they will be till death IMO.

Sadly I think Axl retiring due to vocal problems, or one of the guys just dying out of the blue or something is a bigger risk than any fights at this stage.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
Wilco wrote:

I have to think Slash isn’t the happiest with the current state of affairs

Whatever else he is, he likes making music.

He’s been back in Guns for 6 years now with what to show for it? One 1980s b side re released, and two songs written by his replacements that he basically covered, with the prospect that the only future material will be of a similar nature

Can’t think he’s creatively satisfied. Axl May have changed, but I’m sure the late show the other night brought back PTSD from all the times Axl went on stage late due to anxiety back then as well. If it can happen now, such that a show is delayed an hour, whose to say it can’t happen again? Slash makes very clear in his book that the late starts were a major factor in his disillusionment in the band. He viewed it as disrespectful to himself

Now, here in 2022, we have a situation in at least some ways similar to 1996:

No (real) new music on the horizon

Axl runs the show

I feel that within a year or two at most, Slash will depart again. This time on more amicable terms, but still.

Miser, disrespectfully, please dick off to your groomer corner.

Wilco

Wilco wrote:
Dadud wrote:
Wilco wrote:

I have to think Slash isn’t the happiest with the current state of affairs

Whatever else he is, he likes making music.

He’s been back in Guns for 6 years now with what to show for it? One 1980s b side re released, and two songs written by his replacements that he basically covered, with the prospect that the only future material will be of a similar nature

Can’t think he’s creatively satisfied. Axl May have changed, but I’m sure the late show the other night brought back PTSD from all the times Axl went on stage late due to anxiety back then as well. If it can happen now, such that a show is delayed an hour, whose to say it can’t happen again? Slash makes very clear in his book that the late starts were a major factor in his disillusionment in the band. He viewed it as disrespectful to himself

Now, here in 2022, we have a situation in at least some ways similar to 1996:

No (real) new music on the horizon

Axl runs the show

I feel that within a year or two at most, Slash will depart again. This time on more amicable terms, but still.

Miser, disrespectfully, please dick off to your groomer corner.

Respectfully please stop engaging in libel and leave me alone thank you.

Wilco

Wilco wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think the reunion has been really cool.

I think it’s been cool in so far as it’s nice that they were able to patch things up…It would’ve sucked if they went the rest of their lives holding all that old animosity toward each other.

I just wish it could be more productive in terms of new material

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Drop the groomer/pedo accusations. It's uncalled for.

I do remember Miser from years ago but don't know any of the forum drama surrounding him...and unless it's something horrific...we don't need to know.

Take that stuff to PMs.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Sky Dog wrote:

Lol!

Board footer