You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: No new single this year?

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

s-l400-1-2.png

This image has been making the rounds on other forums, leading some to speculate there will be no new single this year, since this is specifically marketed towards the Japanese tour.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Is that a CD or vinyl?

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Tellingly, Jarmo at HTGTH has recently commented that the SA and Asian crowds haven’t seen GnR live since the HardSkool ’EP’ release. Jeez, anyone would think they’re touring a record!

There’s still a chance of a new single this year I think. Not holding my breath through.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah, i mean you never know what they will do, but based on how they tend to change up the set order /add a cover every few legs - I would think they would do a full cycle globally of the Absurd/Hardschool set list or something very close to what they did last time.

Then when it's time to freshen up for a new new tour drop another song, and swap out a new UYI song or something. Which would probably put it at mid 2023 pr maybe later if there's not a lot of shows.

So i suspect the shows in Australia late this year are just the other half of the words version of the shows north america had last December etc. Something different is probably a year out.

But then who knows with GNR. Could drop the whole album randomly just to subvert us lol.

Triple H
 Rep: 2 

Triple H wrote:

I don't care about any new single unless it's something they've written and recorded from complete scratch since they reunited.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The chances aren't looking good.....for anything.

If UYI was being placed on the launch pad for September, we'd already know about it.

So add another year before that has a chance to come out.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

How are we still doing this after all these years? We never learn do we?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Sometimes I think it's like passing a car crash, you don't want to look but curiosity gets the better of you.

I don't listen to GnR that much these days yet I still find myself checking the forums.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

I think it's due to the vinyl delay, it's adding 6 months to alot of releases where vinyl is relevant

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I think it's due to the vinyl delay, it's adding 6 months to alot of releases where vinyl is relevant

Granted, but didn’t Slash say at the start of the year that the single/s would be out in the summer? That would’ve been plenty have time to sort the vinyl out.

Board footer