You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Re: SCOM Troubadour 2016 Pro Shot

Izzyjim wrote:

Guess it was leaked by the production company?…

https://youtu.be/zz7r7QVNEPs

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I thought that has been around for a while. Still sounds terrible

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I thought it sounded good, especially the ending.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Axl sounds weak and unengaged.

It does make me think a theater tour would inject some spark into the For The Rest Of Our Lifetimes Tour. Just the energy of a club, hearkening back to their early days. But only if Axl gives his voice some rest first and finds a new vocal coach to preserve his talent.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah the music is good...Axl looks a bit tired....or something. There was probably still tension behind the scenes at this time...and of course they've got to be nervous as hell.

I had never saw this vid. I just remember all of us watching those terrible Instagram clips the night of the show.

Funny seeing it now. I remember the genuine excitement seeing them back together and all the possibilities and potential going forward but you can now see it for the cash grab/retirement fund that it was from day one.

Had you told me on April 1 2016 that six years and counting would go buy without an album, I would've called you crazy. I made the mistake of believing it would be similar to the Soundgarden reunion.

The reunion run is about to last longer than the original run...and it's already lasted longer than the entire careers of such iconic bands as Creedence and The Beatles.

Hopefully they're getting the launch pad prepped.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

My biggest wonder is whether this is the final iteration of the band (meaning with axl, slash, duff). Would one of them leave? Could they do it without ending the partnership may be the big question. I’m sure Frank or Melissa or certainly Fortus could say I’m done. I have nightmares Slash leaves and Axl fills his spot again.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The only way anyone is leaving is health issues or death. Would Duff still do it if Slash was out of the mix? Yes.

Would they do it without Axl is the big question.

Sky Dog wrote:

This is borderline awful

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

My biggest wonder is whether this is the final iteration of the band (meaning with axl, slash, duff). Would one of them leave? Could they do it without ending the partnership may be the big question. I’m sure Frank or Melissa or certainly Fortus could say I’m done. I have nightmares Slash leaves and Axl fills his spot again.

I think this is the lineup until we run out of road.

They found out quickly that regardless of hardcore fan desire, an AFD or UYI reunion isn't necessary.

The "Big 3" + anyone else = GNR

There's no reason for the band to continue without the main characters. If there's ever tension, they'll just go on hiatus until things are copacetic.

Does anyone really see a split over creative differences/personality conflict and Axl reboots new GNR because he has something to prove?

Those days are over. For starters...he's too old. Also...his creative ambition is gone. The world would laugh and then yawn at the mere insinuation of another Chinese Democracy saga as we head towards 2030.

No....this is it. They've got about 5-10 years left as a nostalgia act. They'll probably take 2 or 3 breaks between tours.

It's why I'm really wanting some releases and so pissed at their vetoing the UYI remix.

We/they are running out of time.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm going to give Axl a pass here.

From memory Sweet Child is about song 9 and he BROKE HIS ANKLE on song 2 and kept fucking going....

This is that show right? Would make sense he seems a touch under his best given that.

I agree he was tons better a couple of shows in though, seems he's often better at about show 2 or 3 each tour, I guess he gets into the zone or something. I can see why they filmed this show for the historical significance, but yeah, in that sense a later show would be better. I want all of houston 2016 to come out cos that night he had the closest to peak retro voice we've seen since at least 2006 IMO.

Board footer