You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Slash Says Guns N’ Roses Have a ‘Couple of Epic’ Songs to Release

Axl S wrote:

Slash Says Guns N’ Roses Have a ‘Couple of Epic’ Songs to Release

Guns N' Roses still have "a couple of epic" songs left to release, according to Slash.

The top-hatted guitarist called in to Eddie Trunk's Trunk Nation SiriusXM radio show on Wednesday to discuss the band's upcoming plans for touring and releasing music, as well as his desire to record a new album. You can listen to the excerpt below.

"I want to go in and cut a whole brand new record at some point, probably sooner than later," Slash said. "But other than that, we have stuff [that's still] got to come out. So that's gonna be coming out piecemeal over the next… few months or something like that. So that's basically it. We have one more tour left to do next summer, and then that'll free us up to be able to go in and work on a new record."

Guns N' Roses released two new songs, "Absurd" and "Hard Skool," last year, marking the first material to feature singer Axl Rose, bassist Duff McKagan and Slash since their 1994 cover of the Rolling Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil." Both songs date back to the Chinese Democracy sessions and feature newly recorded parts from Slash and McKagan.

Slash said Guns N' Roses reworked several other songs in this fashion during the pandemic. "There's a handful of those songs that we absolutely fixed up and did when we were in lockdown," he explained. "Those have yet to be released, so those are gonna come out. ... We're just gonna put out like one or two songs, and another one or two songs, and I think that's gonna be pretty much all of them. I'm not sure exactly how many we did in total."

The guitarist noted that the band's other unreleased songs "don't have the same kind of amount of history, 'cause I know 'Hard Skool'… goes way back. But there's a couple of epic ones coming out, so I'm excited about that."

Source: https://ultimateclassicrock.com/slash-g … new-songs/

Link to the interview clip: https://www.facebook.com/alone363/video … 018013861/

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Please be right this time, Slash.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Good and bad news.

If it's only a handful of songs, what happened to "the album" he was talking about earlier? Maybe they decided only those were good enough for release.

I'm not sure what to expect from "Epic". Would love for it to be Oklahoma, but maybe Slash thinks "Perhaps" is epic idk.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Whilst we'll be waiting a long time for it, the most interesting part of what he mentioned is the intent to write a new GN'R record after next Summer's tour.

Whether that ever happens we'll see but for him to bother saying that in an interview I would assume he must have had a conversation about doing that with Axl at some point and Axl was receptive to the idea.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Please Lord don’t let Slash become like all the other GNR guitarists over the years who promised us new music and didn’t deliver 16

That said this is the first i’ve read of them talking about ACTUAL new material and not just CD rehashes.

I just hope Axl has it in him vocally. It would be a honor to hear new music.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yep....this is it. We're rounding 3rd and headed for home.

It sounds like they went through the vault...A-listed a handful of tracks...and the rest have been shit canned. Won't hear any of those until they leak and/or a CD deluxe edition/box set years down the road.

I'll take it.

I said it years ago....we were never getting CD II. It was always a pipe dream. We got two songs last year and it sounds like we'll get a few of the epics to bring that chapter to a close.

im-coming-fred-sanford.gif

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

A new album would of course be great but anything like that is still just talk and I'll believe it when it happens.

The CD songs are ready to go.

James

James wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

That said this is the first i’ve read of them talking about ACTUAL new material and not just CD rehashes.

I just hope Axl has it in him vocally. It would be a honor to hear new music.

The issue with that is it doesn't exist yet. It's technically a pipe dream until they actually enter a studio and start working on it.

I'm hoping they want to do one more album as a swan song. This might be why they cherry picked the CD vault...neither side wants that as a final album so it'll be used between tour legs for promotion...and 2-3 years down the road.... maybe a final album.

I'm just hoping Oklahoma and another big gun are next on tap.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

Yep....this is it. We're rounding 3rd and headed for home.

It sounds like they went through the vault...A-listed a handful of tracks...and the rest have been shit canned. Won't hear any of those until they leak and/or a CD deluxe edition/box set years down the road.

Unless some of the other songs they have Axl wants to keep back for this supposed new record? Hard to know with Slash, he's not the most reliable at remembering what he's worked on it seems.

Sounds like we're getting at least 2-4 more chinse leftovers. Possibly more, but that's just guessing based on Slash not remembering how many they worked on.

James

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Whilst we'll be waiting a long time for it, the most interesting part of what he mentioned is the intent to write a new GN'R record after next Summer's tour.

Whether that ever happens we'll see but for him to bother saying that in an interview I would assume he must have had a conversation about doing that with Axl at some point and Axl was receptive to the idea.

I'm hoping they agree to do it Soundgarden or Rolling Stones style....go in there, whip something up or work on a few things they already had...and only spend 6-8 weeks on it.

Give us their version of this...

If they can't....don't even bother. Just call it a day as a creative unit and keep doing the nostalgia act until they run out of road.

The band and its fan base do not have another UYI-CD style wait in them.

Board footer