You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

Now even 538 has moved their prediction in favor of the GOP:  https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 … id=rrpromo

At this rate their tracker should have it a few more points in favor of the GOP by next Monday. 

Good to see you back from your ban, Mitch.  Happy to see it had a positive impact on your posting.

One white guy to another.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Shocking…not one mention of the attack on the speaker of the house, down playing of the roe v. Wade overturn by a bunch of middle age white men who don’t have children…

I think we should just stop having elections and let the mouth breathers in this thread decide things.

I wish i could remember the exact moment that i no longer considered any of you friends. But someone has to occasionally let you know when you’re head is too far up your own ass.

Something is up with that odd attack. They knew each other some how and the guy was living in a gay Pride BLM school bus or some shit. The attack is unacceptable but there is more to this story.

Looks like a gay party gone awry.

Randall Flagg

I have no reason to believe Paul Pelosi was involved in some love triangle, but the Democrat's attempts to push this off as evidence of one way political attacks is just so dishonest.  When Rubio's campaign staff was beaten to a pulp last week the media dismissed it and some even tried to argue he deserved it because a Latino man was a "white supremacist".  Never mind someone showed up at SCOTUS with guns because of the hyperbole from the left, or the countless other examples. 

I could give a fuck about Twitter, I don't use it.  But it's certainly fun to see the left freak out now that they no longer have speech censors willing to block any tweet that doesn't adhere to their fantasy land.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Saudi Arabia is claiming Iran is planning some sort of preemptive strike on them. If any of that is remotely true...they obviously want to distract all the protesters.

Would they really have the balls? I'm having a hard time buying it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I wish i could remember the exact moment that i no longer considered any of you friends.

I do occasionally muse how this site would have faired if we'd never had a politics or current events thread.

I mean maybe it's what's kept it active during Axl's laundromat years, and it's logical to have a thread for world events etc, but there are a few times where one person or another I felt like i kinda knew from years of GNR banter has been pretty abrupt in here and I'm like "oh...ok..then" and had to remind myself that it's not personal really.

I worry about the underlying mood of everything that all our relationships in every sphere of life seem to become polarised around this stuff.

In a way the most odd thing about all this to me is i can see each side has a reason to think like it does, but most people immediately assume the other-side are just bad people. Like in all of society. I'm starting to feel like we're in the fall of rome or something here.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Pelosi was attacked by a nutcase, and everyone is treating it like a political attack.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Btw Mitch, we’ve all been busy or sick, recently. We’ve missed a lot of big news stories. It doesn’t mean we don’t care. And I never thought you looked at any of us as friends, you never seemed to like any of us.

Randall Flagg

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 … st/senate/

Just keeps inching closer and closer to an all out GOP victory.  I'm sure Biden's emergency speech tonight will resonate with the 1/3 of the country who cares what alarmism comes out of his mouth.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I have a feeling Dems do better than expected in states that take a long time to count their votes. And they hold the Senate.

Hope I’m way wrong though.

Randall Flagg

I think the GOP will end up winning NV, GA and AZ, so 53 -47 is my final guess at Tuesday. I could see PA and AZ going GOP, but will be surprised if it goes GOP in both races. With NH on the cusp, a 55-45 Senate is in the realm of possibility, but that’s too optimistic.

I’m confident the GOP will have at least 51 seats come January, but anything beyond that is a pure educated guess.

Board footer