You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

Dr. Oz lost.

Thank God.

can already see on Twitter tonight the DeSantis vs Trump war is going to be a bloodbath

Yeah it's already started on the Conservative sub as well. People seem to be favoring Desantis...at the moment.

James

James wrote:

Haven't seen it mentioned tonight but it's been talked about off and on the past two years....

How much of an impact will Covid deaths have on this election? A shit ton of Trumpers died...but was it on a big enough scale to move the needle either way in an election?

Doesn't really seem like it.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Dr. Oz lost.

Thank God.

can already see on Twitter tonight the DeSantis vs Trump war is going to be a bloodbath

Yeah it's already started on the Conservative sub as well. People seem to be favoring Desantis...at the moment.

Dr. Oz is an example  of ID's point that they just nominated these bad Trump candidates.  Sorry, I'm still laughing at that one. On what planet does it make sense, to nominate some quack Dr. guy?

Desantis should win that battle.  The non batshit GOP politicians I bet are just tired of the Trump act.  And Desantis provides them with an alternative..to some sort of return to "normal" politics.  I don't like the guy but gotta give him credit for the stuff he's done in Florida.

Looks like a split congress again:  slight majority for the GOP in the House and the Dems control the senate barely.  Sadly, this means shit mostly gets done.

I don't the covid deaths had much to do with tonight's results.  The youth vote came through for the Democrats tonight.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Dr. Oz lost.

Thank God.

Dr. Oz is an example  of ID's point that they just nominated these bad Trump candidates.  Sorry, I'm still laughing at that one. On what planet does it make sense, to nominate some quack Dr. guy?

Desantis should win that battle.  The non batshit GOP politicians I bet are just tired of the Trump act.  And Desantis provides them with an alternative..to some sort of return to "normal" politics.  I don't like the guy but gotta give him credit for the stuff he's done in Florida.

Looks like a split congress again:  slight majority for the GOP in the House and the Dems control the senate barely.  Sadly, this means shit mostly gets done.

I don't the covid deaths had much to do with tonight's results.  The youth vote came through for the Democrats tonight.

It's why Boebert needs to lose...too bad MTG didn't though.

The quicker these people on the fringe get tossed, the better off the whole country will be.

I'm also sick of politicians having merch. This cult of personality/pols as celebs era needs to die off. Also hoping AOC loses in the next cycle. She cares more about being a social media influencer than anything...so go be one and let a normal person have her job.

It's not just Trump.

It's just grifting at this point. You don't care about running the country if you're selling hoodies and tshirts and shit.

I saw someone promoting this on Reddit....

https://www.johnfetterman.store/

This has to stop. 17

Edit

It now feels coordinated....maybe even bots spreading it. People are pushing Fetterman hoodies on Reddit.

Sickening.

I'm done with Reddit for tonight.

Bunch of dipshits peddling Fetterman hoodies and praising him but the best thing they could say is he "thinks cognitively".

2nd edit

I forgot about Palin running!

James

James wrote:

I'm done with Reddit for tonight

Fuck....the news is just as bad.... maybe worse.  17

MSNBC has some imbecile on ranting about Mitch being a turtle.

Our culture is sick.

James

James wrote:

Dems spent 100 million on Abrams.

That is fucking insane.

Apparently a bunch of state subs...who have discussed politics incessantly for months...are now deleting election news/results in the states where they don't like the results. Texas the big example.

Crazy...and tomorrow they'll whine about censorship and fascism.

Echo chambers are insane.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

All the Republican mega donors are going to DeSantis. If Trump runs, he’ll have to pay out of his own pocket.

James

James wrote:

He really said this....

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I can't believe how off the polls and models were.  But let's call this what it is, a huge GOP missed opportunity due to very poor candidates in states they historically should have won.  Record inflation, Biden's approval is through the floor, and the GOP still swing and misses here.  You'd think this would deter Trump from running since his list of endorsements is absolute shit at the moment, but we know better.  Rather than do an autopsy and try to understand how the GOP dropped the ball, Trump and Trumpers are going to dig their heels in deeper.  Congrats dipshits, running Trump all but assures a Democratic win in 24.

It's going to come down to GA again just like in 2020.  And Trump is gonna try to be the face of Walker's campaign and push Warnock right into re-election.  Guess the DNC's efforts to get Republican nutters nominated in the Primary paid off. A fucking stroke victim who can't make a coherent statement won in PA of Trump endorsed Oz.  Let that sink in for a moment.  The GOP lost a fucking senate seat to a man who lived off his parents until he was 50 and can't talk. 

If this doesn't cause some serious soul searching and reflection in the party, I don't know what will.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Another "fair election" it sounds like. Better get used to it.

Board footer