You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Thanks for the contribution, Mitch.

It's not my fault that a couple middle aged men need to sit around jerking off about war strategy. Especially when that jerking off is purely speculation and quite frankly, mostly projection.

I'll repeat...no one cares about this anymore. Just like no one cares about how we left a certain middle eastern country in 2021.

Do you know why?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

It's kinda weird situation that Noone has Interceded to help Ukraine...is the general sentiment that the west is afraid of Russian nukes?

I think this is why the EU was and is important. It united Europe at least economically...which quite frankly is the only thing that truly unites Americans. If Europe could pull off something similar to the way states are treated as countries but still unify militarily and/or economically then Russia would be relegated to second world status quite quickly.

I don't think either side wants to escalate this much farther. And I also think the Russian military is vastly over rated. Looking back through history, they never had anything but the most soldiers....they've always been disorganized, ill equipped and taken the heaviest casualties.

I want to speculate that Putin has overplayed his hand. His (and quite frankly the Russian government in general) obsession with the past will be his undoing. Righting the wrongs of the past is no way forward even if they did lose 20 million troops in WW2.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

FmDszzMWIBUe0r-?format=jpg&name=largeLol, saw this on Twitter today and I think Randall posted this back then. So funny. Had no idea it was Benny.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

That's embarassing.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Randall Flagg wrote:

Russia could win the war today if they wanted an insurgency and refugee camps to deal with the influx in people after Kiev was left in rubble.

Mitch wrote:

It's not my fault that a couple middle aged men need to sit around jerking off about war strategy. Especially when that jerking off is purely speculation and quite frankly, mostly projection.

“The Russian army is reducing Ukrainian cities to rubble using all kinds of weapons in their scorched-earth tactics,” Kyrylenko said in televised remarks.

https://apnews.com/article/zelenskyy-ru … 4c59e22b35

I know Mitch went away for another nap, but I'm also sure Mitch hangs out reading these comments every day.  Keep trying Joe, eventually you'll figure it out.

Randall Flagg

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/10/politics … index.html

How does all of this figure into the Democrats looming plans to come after Trump?  Unlike Biden, Trump was the President and had classification authority.  Biden never had that as a VP, so there is no argument that the documents were kept legally.  I have a hunch the usual suspects won't stay consistent in their beliefs and outrage though.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yeah, the correct answer is “it’s both bad.” Instead, let me tell you why it’s okay…

Randall Flagg

Odds this classified document bullshit is what Democrats use to push Biden aside in 24?  Even CNN is running articles saying prosecuting Trump for his documents is all but impossible after this.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

On Reddit it's being defended with "But this is different!" crap. I mean....it is a bit different...Trump resisted...but let's be real.

It's the same thing.

The people criticizing the Trump issue didn't let him off the hook for having the material. They freaked out over that too. Now they're acting like having it is ok.

This is why I hate present day arguments online today. There's always a political slant to it. It can't be about what's right or wrong...it's about who is doing it.

Just like when there's a shooting, people have to find out who the shooter voted for before criticizing.

Odds this classified document bullshit is what Democrats use to push Biden aside in 24?

It's definitely an opening for them to go down that road if they choose to do so.

The Ukraine and laptop stuff was a possibility as well but they let that slide. Might have been smart as the Ukraine issue now is different obviously and the laptop was mainly about Hunter.

They don't have much time left if they want to remove him. Due to his age...he might announce he's not running for a second term.

That moment is when they will regret choosing Kamala as VP.

She will not defeat Desantis or Trump.

misterID

misterID wrote:

So, someone uploaded a security video that showed a young man get smashed in the head with an ax on Twitter. It came on my feed and it’s about the worse thing I’ve ever seen. He was a sweet looking kid named James Jimi Patterson who was sitting on his couch on his phone. He’d listed the ax online to sell and this guy shows up, buys it, and for no reason smashes and imbeds the ax in this kid’s head and walks away. His girlfriend is right there and starts screaming. For whatever reason, seeing the kid’slittle dog freak out really bothered me on top of everything else.

I was wondering why I didn’t hear about this in the news or anything, and I was hoping it was fake (there was no way it was fake) and it turns out the killer was an illegal immigrant. And they think it might be a hate crime. This just made me even angrier. Why bury this story? Are you that afraid of the politics? Can you imagine if the roles were reversed? This is just an awful, awful story.

Board footer