You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Current Events Thread

polluxlm wrote:

Racism IS rampant in society, but it's the opposite of what people think. White people need to realize they are in the cross hairs, watch their surroundings and keep clear of these haters.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

So, someone uploaded a security video that showed a young man get smashed in the head with an ax on Twitter

That's fucked up...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I still can’t really shake the image.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ru … index.html

Just an absolutely remarkable foreign policy decision.  What could possibly go wrong with putting American tanks in direct conflict with Russia?  Anyone else excited German tanks are rolling into Ukraine for the 2nd time in history?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just watched that axe video. Horrifying. Poor kid.

Not to victim blame... but...what the hell is he thinking? He's sitting there without a care in the world while a guy holding an axe is standing a few feet away from him.

Way too naive to his surroundings.

Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ru … index.html

Just an absolutely remarkable foreign policy decision.  What could possibly go wrong with putting American tanks in direct conflict with Russia?  Anyone else excited German tanks are rolling into Ukraine for the 2nd time in history?

Yeah it's an escalation.

I saw where the UK isn't ruling out sending missiles that can reach Russia.

We gotta help em...but where does it stop?!?

It's a fucked up situation. Imagine Russia giving Iraq or Afghanistan a shit ton of weapons to use on our troops. It might have led to WWIII.

misterID

misterID wrote:

They haven’t attached a single condition for the money and weapons. It’s ridiculous

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That balloon incident was wacky.

What was the point? Testing the US? Funny how Biden apparently wanted to shoot it down even earlier.

Should the other balloons be shot down too?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

China seems to often engage in provocative actions then get offended when someone responds. But each time they get away with a little more than they did the time before.

misterID

misterID wrote:

So there’s a shitload of unidentified objects being shot down now. This is really embarrassing

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Killed my first mouse today. I suspect it is the same fella I gave a break last week, but this time he had to go.

I have a fucking cat, but the psychopath he is he just likes to chase the mouse around and torture it. So I have to step in as executioner and I tell you it is not pleasant. I can't put out traps because the damn cat would just get caught in them, so I put on some gloves, corner the little fucker. He goes under a shelf, I go under the shelf. He positions himself between the wall and the shelf, so I move the shelf. I take out a large ruler to try and nudge him out, but he keeps coming back. Instinct takes over and I decide to knock him in the head with the ruler. Keeps moving so I knock him again, and again, and again. Finally he lays somewhat still. I grab his tail, he doesn't have much left. I grab him with my glove, "okay now what?". I can't just squash him, that would be horrible. I can't put him on the ground and crush him with a stone either, because then he could run away again. Last time I took him down to the river and gave him a fighting shot, but apparently he recovered from that. At least he looked really similar.

So I see the fireplace, and this time it is lit. "I guess that will do the job". It does. I open the door and throw him in. That's that I'm thinking. Then as I'm walking away I can hear the sorry bastard screaming! I decide to stick around, as some form of respect. It doesn't take long for the silence to set in. Violence is hard I tell you, even for a little rodent.

Board footer