You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

Robin isn’t credited for that one lick?

Robin and Tommy! What a bad joke…

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

Yes, the credits are far more detailed for this one. For comparison:

https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/20/05/33/00/2021_030.jpg

https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/20/05/33/00/2021_031.jpg

Interesting that the mix for Perhaps was done by someone else and not Caram (with improved results) and that it was mastered by Bob Ludwig.

The full writing credits have not appeared yet though on ASCAP etc., except for Slash's and Duff's credits.

Wow the credits really are night and day.

It almost feels like something really is coming down the pike.

Lomax wrote:

I’m enjoying the 3 new tracks, absurd, hard skool and perhaps more than the majority of CD.
For the record, I liked CD a lot on release. Flawed obviously, but great moments there too.

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:
Lomax wrote:

I’m enjoying the 3 new tracks, absurd, hard skool and perhaps more than the majority of CD.
For the record, I liked CD a lot on release. Flawed obviously, but great moments there too.

I can see why Absurd and Hard Skool were left off the album. Absurd is awful and Hard Skool is okay but lacking something and a bit cheesy.

Perhaps is a big step up on those two. It's a puzzle as to why they never finished that off for Chinese Democracy. Not enough time I guess wink

James

James wrote:

Busngabb! Holy shit I haven't seen you in eons. I remember you from HTGTH and CD.com (I think).

I love seeing some old timers pop back in now that The General is on the launch pad.

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:
James wrote:

Busngabb! Holy shit I haven't seen you in eons. I remember you from HTGTH and CD.com (I think).

I love seeing some old timers pop back in now that The General is on the launch pad.

Nice to be remembered. I was on most of the forums during the build up to Chinese Democracy being released, but lost interest a bit during the downtime the band had post release. I then lost my email address and couldn't unlock any of the former logins I used to have. I tried to re-register on mygnr but they never approve the account so can't get on there and got an email from HTGTH saying I was banned, even though I'd just created a new account and hadn't posted or done anything. I don't remember my old login being banned, so not sure what that is about but it seems pretty quiet on there anyway. A few of the others seem to have disappeared altogether.

But good to be back, hopefully this year fulfils the promise it's shown and we get The General without issues and the likes of Atlas and more as rumoured.

James

James wrote:
busngabb wrote:
James wrote:

Nice to be remembered. I was on most of the forums during the build up to Chinese Democracy being released, but lost interest a bit during the downtime the band had post release. I then lost my email address and couldn't unlock any of the former logins I used to have. I tried to re-register on mygnr but they never approve the account so can't get on there and got an email from HTGTH saying I was banned, even though I'd just created a new account and hadn't posted or done anything. I don't remember my old login being banned, so not sure what that is about but it seems pretty quiet on there anyway. A few of the others seem to have disappeared altogether.

But good to be back, hopefully this year fulfils the promise it's shown and we get The General without issues and the likes of Atlas and more as rumoured.

I have a feeling on what may have happened with your HTGTH account.

For a period there in the 2010s, the site was fanatical in its anti-Slash sentiment. People would get banned left and right if you even hinted that you liked Slash.

They were also going through old posts/threads so it's possible you were banned for something you said in the 2000s. Years ago I was looking up some old discussions for shits and giggles and it was obvious that a lot of it was simply gone.

At least you found this place.

Yeah most of the forums are gone now.

The last standing:

Mygnr
Evo
HTGTH
Bad Apples

That's it. Crazy. Not all that surprising when you think about it though. It's a miracle they all didn't die in the 2010s due to no album coming out.

James

James wrote:

I was checking HTGTH for shits and giggles. I saw sky dog describe Perhaps as "yacht rock". 18

Man...I wish new GNR could've come up with something as amazing as yacht rock. In the ancient discussions back in the day about potential musical directions of CD, I would give examples such as...

--

--

--

--

--

Songs of similar quality would've been placed on the launch pad immediately with no resistance.

Veering in a slightly different direction...

If needing a bit more "fire" or "bite" in their ballads, something like this could've been a blueprint...and we know Axl loved them...

Here's a killer song right up new GNR's alley...on the surface about a woman but it's really about a band member scheming to leave the band...a cherry on top is the guy practically gives it a Finck solo. 16 He even looks like Finck circa 2006...

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Earlier in this thread people were discussing Axl’s voice and the fact he is writing lyrics/arrangements that don’t give him a moment to breathe.

Now he’s had to address the issue online:

He needs to share some of the work with Duff and/or Melissa. Let them handle some vocals (like every-other verse in the chorus of “Perhaps”). Nobody has the lung capacity for those bursts of words, and by letting others sing more it will feel more like a band (like we got in “Goin’ Down”).

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Earlier in this thread people were discussing Axl’s voice and the fact he is writing lyrics/arrangements that don’t give him a moment to breathe.

Now he’s had to address the issue online:

He needs to share some of the work with Duff and/or Melissa. Let them handle some vocals (like every-other verse in the chorus of “Perhaps”). Nobody has the lung capacity for those bursts of words, and by letting others sing more it will feel more like a band (like we got in “Goin’ Down”).

I took that to mean he wasn’t feeling well, sore throat, etc. From the clips I’ve seen, he’s sounded pretty good this year. Much better than previous years.

Board footer