You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The General confirmed next

evader wrote:
busngabb wrote:

I must hand it to you hearing all that from the party leak. I can't hear a single word in there. It could just as easily be someone watching the Lion King with a washing machine in the background as that.

Don't feel bad about not hearing a single word on the party leak. When I first received the cellphone clip, I'm pretty sure that at least 6 other GNR superfans already had it. How shitty is that clip? Zero of those 6 superfans had any clue what the song was. None could make out a single word. None had identified the familiar orchestration. And as far as I could tell, none of the six were even 100% certain it was GNR - well, except maybe the guy who recorded it.

So, don't be surprised if none of the words Shacklermyrye posted above are correct - neither his nor mine. We were just doing the best we could with what we had.

Edit to add: The second chorus is NOT part of the clip. The party clip abruptly ends at the end of the screaming part, and I came to the conclusion that there MUST be another chorus that follows. Hell, it may not even be the chorus. For all I know, the screaming part is the chorus.

Man if the screaming part is the chorus then he's really gonna struggle to pull that off live.

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Man if the screaming part is the chorus then he's really gonna struggle to pull that off live.

14 No doubt! Actually, I figure that screaming part to fit into the song kinda like the screaming part from Better (I never wanted you to be so full of anger....).  And there's no telling exactly what happens after that.

Shacklermyrye

evader wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

14 No doubt! Actually, I figure that screaming part to fit into the song kinda like the screaming part from Better (I never wanted you to be so full of anger....).  And there's no telling exactly what happens after that.

That's how I always figured it too, because it seems to be sang in similar way to that. It's like it's a "payoff" part of the song that the stuff before it really builds up to. In fact that part is why I kind of don't think they will do it live, would love to be wrong though

(Edit) If only we had accsess to FashionTV's audio from that night, if we had that then I think we would at least know a lot more of the stuff that was played

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Obviously setting myself up for a fall here lol but these were the words i thought I heard in it when i messed around with it. I'll leave these here so you can all make fun of me when it comes out and is completely different.lol

Too young to fight,  we didn't need to
you must survive, we'll do it
(another 2 lines repeat in same melody but can't decipher them)

They'll know that your here (seems to be a different voice, maybe Stinson)
I can hear you, not see you

I have a monstrous life (Axl clean voice)
monsters call me
monsters coming

(Heavy section with rasp vocals)

Now those put it down now, cant get out
theres no escaping now, down in the fucking ground
Anarchy, anarchy, we put out
Too many stumble in this world and ill make it now
Now fucking strip those, seems we got no time
have to hide the truth
I bet your handling inside
Let go of me, now you said you loved me
Does this burn? Does this burn?
baby i know what your thinking.

Obviously there going to be wrong, if I got any words right at all i'll be happy.

The words Evader heard I believe were...

[Chorus]
Do you remember who did it?
Who did that to you...
Who would do this to you?
Who would do this to you? To the young!
Who would do that to me, boy?
Up to abuse, in fact you knew them
Who wants to lose?
To lose
Do you?

[Verse]
I've got hopes and dreams, and I must feel bolder
My hopes, my dreams have died
Now I rest my hate in the rumors as they're pushin' through
There's a child now chained to the bed now
To me it's time I'm always workin' and I'm gonna get out
I think it's high time you should fuckin' die, child
I think this time you've broken everything inside
I won't be ever satisfied
This is why, baby, you know I got you

[Chorus]
Do you remember who did it?
Who did, that to you...
Who would do this, to you?
Who would do this to you? To the young!
Who would that to me, boy?
Up to abuse, in fact we knew them
Who wants to lose?
To lose
Do you?

I hope this thing goes to streaming before those records get sent out, I find it hard to believe that it's only coming out on the 7"

After reading all that...

If just a percentage of that is correct or at least the theme is anyways...how is this The General and not Soul Monster? I realize song titles aren't everything but man...

We may be in for a surprise.

busngabb wrote:

I must hand it to you hearing all that from the party leak. I can't hear a single word in there. It could just as easily be someone watching the Lion King with a washing machine in the background as that.

That's funny.

This is kinda reminding me of Dave and his magic headphones back in the day but all jokes aside, his headphones actually weren't too shabby.

Shacklermyrye

Fernando calling the song a monster did make me think I might have been onto something with the 'monsters call me part of the lyric. But it's the general not monster of soul. Unless monstrosity was a working title at some stage.

It's probably not even the word monster in there though lol

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:
ShacklerMyRye wrote:

(Edit) If only we had accsess to FashionTV's audio from that night, if we had that then I think we would at least know a lot more of the stuff that was played

There is a FashionTV recording of that party? Or am I getting it wrong?

Shacklermyrye

Clear wrote:
ShacklerMyRye wrote:

There is a FashionTV recording of that party? Or am I getting it wrong?

There is indeed. I have some footage of it. It may be on YouTube somewhere. At work at the moment but I'll post more on it later. Band were there but don't think axl was. At least if he was he wasn't on camera

Only problem is apart from some quick clips of the band talking the video has sweet child layered over it.

I also have video backstage at the gig from that night shot by the support act. centao I think they were called. I did a lot of research on that night way back because of what may have been played at the aftershow party

Shacklermyrye

Found some of my old notes on the Cell clip night for anyone interested. I was quite far down the rabbit hole when i was looking for this stuff lol...

Septermber 18th 2010 Vienna

After the show there was the infamouse party at The Box in Vienna, this was covered for Fashion TV, who filmed band members essentially promoting the channel and a line of drinks it seems to have/had, vodka ect.

I dont know if money changed hands but it would seem that the channel/company layed on fancy cars, models and the club so that GN'R could uphold there side of things and promote Fashion TV. Axl mentioned "all these girls" at the show so they were obviously in attendance there too.

Bumblefoot was actually sick for this show according to his facebook so the fact he was at the aftershow promoting this stuff indicates that he may have been contractually obliged to do so. In addition to Bumblefoot, Fortus, Ashba, Pittman, Ferrar, Stinson & Dizzy were there, so esssentially the full lineup of the day with the exception of Axl. Who if he was there must not have wanted to appear on video.

Michel Adam Lisowski a Polish buisnessman is the President and sole owner of Fashion TV was seen partying with the band
Shots I have seen from inside the place show this was more of a Fashion TV crowd than a GN'R one. From what i have seen short interviews were conducted with people using a wired microphone which may have captured better audio quality than the phone clips that I have.

I addition I find it hard to believe there is not audio from the camera's used to film here. The raw footage which probably still exists in Fashion TV's archives more than likely has superior audio.

I find it hard to believe that the models there did not at least take pictures if not video of the event. If they were "working" surely them posting on social media about it would help raise the profile of the channel/club if not themselves.

Centao the support act were filming back stage that night at the gig and may have also been in attendence at The Box (may be worth contacting) There video only has a few views on youtube so this may well have slid under the radar of people

Green sticker passes saying GN'R after show were required by those in attendance as were quite large tickets

Here are the video's

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It still blows me away how unreleased songs were played at various places like this.

We need this song bad. I've already tired of that 2013 In Utero mix. I need my palate cleansed with some new GNR.

guts
 Rep: 1 

guts wrote:

A full recording of the song exists from the party.

In a way I do want it to be posted online so that all of the rumors can be debunked for good.

Board footer