You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: The General confirmed next

monkeychow wrote:

Probably both true, I gather they tried to get bucket back until late in the proceedings, so it's believable to me that at first they may have been more cautious about sharing stuff with bumble than they would have been by later in the tour when he was established as a fixed member of the band.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

misterID wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:
misterID wrote:

I wouldn’t doubt Jarmo has everything, at least pre reunion.

Even Bumblefoot, Robin Finck and other ex members couldn't have the songs. Just work on them un the studio with all the confidential issues...
I'm sure they don't have anything right now.

Then Jarmo is less than them. Maybe he was allowed to listen everything, but not to give a copy.

What? Ron had them on his laptop and mentioned it in his vids

I didn't know It.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:

It's time to unload this thing. It was dragged out too long.

We may all get nuked before the fucking vinyl ships....

Wouldn’t that be the most GN’R thing ever? Everyone waits 20 damn years for a song. Right when it’s about to be released, we get wiped out by nukes. LMAO

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

We are still waiting on this god damn single?

Lol wtf...this band

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Does The General have any vocals that we know of? I haven’t listened to cell phone recordings, etc. and only remember the instrumental intro for past shows.

Sky Dog wrote:

Yes….confirmed years ago

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I know it shouldn't surprise me...but it's unbelievable how they squandered this. The unveiling of the big enchilada should've been an amazing time for fans and treated like a celebration.

They announce it as a B side on the official site and then crickets.

Crickets are also forming on the songs discussion threads on these forums. People just want it over with.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
James wrote:

Crickets are also forming on the songs discussion threads on these forums. People just want it over with.

If this is on a 7" single, then the song is going to be 4-6 minutes max, right?
Confirmed then, that The General is an "Epic" in a figurative sense only.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
Gong wrote:
James wrote:

If this is on a 7" single, then the song is going to be 4-6 minutes max, right?
Confirmed then, that The General is an "Epic" in a figurative sense only.

longest ever released 7in single is just over 10 minutes. 5-6 is the standard but if you drop the fidelity you can cram around 10min on one side

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ … cord.8962/

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
James wrote:

I know it shouldn't surprise me...but it's unbelievable how they squandered this. The unveiling of the big enchilada should've been an amazing time for fans and treated like a celebration.

They announce it as a B side on the official site and then crickets.

I find it very strange that there's barely any mention of the song from the band. Given how few songs they release you'd have thought they might be a little more excited and willing to promote it! Let's hope it comes out with a bang and a kick ass video.

Board footer