You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The General confirmed next

James wrote:

On their Instagram post, a bunch of fans begging for info.

They ignored all of it.

Shocker!

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

After 20 years it was starting to feel like the band were finally making some progress at being a normal band. Announcing "Absurd" and dropping it only a few hours later, releasing Hard School, releasing Perhaps with an unexpected (and well put together) music video..... things were looking up....... and now it's back to business as usual 16

I've suspected for many years that it's all intentional. Controversy creates cash as they say. If nothing else GNR have certainly kept the fanbase talking for the last few decades in spite of such little output smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

It's like Stockholm syndrome in gnr land

Hey will good to see u again, hope all is well

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:

It reminds me of the debacle with the release of Perhaps.  There was a release date, then it didn't come out on that date, got pulled from touch tunes and it looked like it was unknown for the release date and then it came out a week later.  Only GNR LOL.

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:

Mygnr is in full meltdown mode. Mad funny

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:
younggunner wrote:

As is Twitter. People are raging and they're tagging everyone in, band members, management, band members' wives etc. They're all getting shot down.

And still they don't acknowledge it. Situations like this where a bit of honesty could come into play would and work wonders and they just sit there and ignore it completely. Which makes me think it's just Axl and his weirdness having a moment and pulling the release because he's not ready for it. Just make a statement and fess up on why it's going to be another 6/7 weeks before it's out. Or be brave enough to admit you've pulled it and state why. The smoke and mirrors and mystery might have been cool and good marketing at some points in the bands' history, but not now when they're all retirement age and annoying people for the fun of it isn't really what they should be doing.

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:
busngabb wrote:
younggunner wrote:

As is Twitter. People are raging and they're tagging everyone in, band members, management, band members' wives etc. They're all getting shot down.

And still they don't acknowledge it. Situations like this where a bit of honesty could come into play would and work wonders and they just sit there and ignore it completely. Which makes me think it's just Axl and his weirdness having a moment and pulling the release because he's not ready for it. Just make a statement and fess up on why it's going to be another 6/7 weeks before it's out. Or be brave enough to admit you've pulled it and state why. The smoke and mirrors and mystery might have been cool and good marketing at some points in the bands' history, but not now when they're all retirement age and annoying people for the fun of it isn't really what they should be doing.

People pre ordered something and it got delayed. Not a big deal. Happens from time to time. The product is not time sensitive where your life is now in shambles because it's not at your front door

Agreed about the communication , or lack thereof, from mgmt. But that should be expected and built into the overall expectation/experience. It's not like they won't be releasing it. What's a few more wks?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Tacking The General on as a B-Side was the stupidest fucking thing they could have done in the first place. The only benefit of the doubt I could possibly give them, and this is being really generous, is if they decided to promote it a little with another vid. But this is GN’R here.

If Axl showed up in this thread 100% he’d say he has no idea what anyone is talking about. “What vinyl?”

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

GN’R are consistent with one thing…

Consistently fucking things up! axl

Like I always say, this is what happens when GNR  has a housekeeper and pool boy running one of the biggest bands of all time.

Couso
 Rep: 1 

Couso wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

GN’R are consistent with one thing…

Consistently fucking things up! axl

Like I always say, this is what happens when GNR  has a housekeeper and pool boy running one of the biggest bands of all time.

Well I think it’s a mixture of amateur hour and axl being mad as a bucket of frogs

Remember when he had his manager apologise for booking a tour “by accident”

Fucking bananas

Board footer