You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Re: Rank the Post CD Songs

Vale wrote:

1. Perhaps - even if I had preferred to have Robin's solo in the final version, it's still the strongest track for me
2. The General And Monsters - I still view it as one long song split into two files - the orchestration is a clear link
3. Absurd
4. Hard Skool I liked the demo, but hate what Slash did with it

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

uuumm, Mom or Dad?...not daddy!....I have an ep. in loop mode and opens with oh my god, absurd, perphas, hard skool, monsters and the general! Music is emotions and for me they are jewels of the same value and brilliance!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

two Jehovah Witnesses were walking up to rign the doorbell. Figured the loud music and lyrical content might have scared them away, but no such luck.

I once got rid of some religious nuts in my 20s when they saw the pentagram on my Slayer shirt.

DSC00012_large.jpg?v=1584725592

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

1.The General
2.Hard Skool
3.Perhaps
4.Monsters
5.Absurd

Appetiteforcovers
 Rep: 1 

1. Monsters
Very catchy chorus. Slash best work since the start of the releases.

2. The General
Not the monster of a song we thought it was but still pretty good. gives me a SOG- industrial feel to it.

3. Perhaps
Glad the piano is high on the mix. Weird Axl voice effects. Guitar solo is weird because of that 2 notes from the OG being there.

4. Absurd
Pretty good bass on the intro.

5. Hard Skool
The Skool bell kills the song. Don’t like how the guitars sound.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Appetiteforcovers wrote:

1. Monsters
Very catchy chorus. Slash best work since the start of the releases.

2. The General
Not the monster of a song we thought it was but still pretty good. gives me a SOG- industrial feel to it.

3. Perhaps
Glad the piano is high on the mix. Weird Axl voice effects. Guitar solo is weird because of that 2 notes from the OG being there.

4. Absurd
Pretty good bass on the intro.

5. Hard Skool
The Skool bell kills the song. Don’t like how the guitars sound.

Cant really put it better than this

Link31

Link31 wrote:

With 8 songs released post CD, That's 3/4 of an album! Not that all of them are great, most are not.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Link31 wrote:

With 8 songs released post CD, That's 3/4 of an album! Not that all of them are great, most are not.

It is an album. Might not max out the disc but what we've heard is an album even though a few key tracks are missing....

Absurd
Hard School
Perhaps
The General
Soul Monster

Atlas Shrugged
Going Down
State of Grace

For shits and giggles you could toss Eye On You and Nothing on there...or even finished instrumentals Devious Bastard and Dub Suplex although those are obviously Buckethead songs.

Jaxlmorrison2

1. General and Monsters (assuming they’re “one”)
2. Perhaps (which I didn’t care for the leak, didn’t even keep it on my Phone.)
3. Absurd (and I hated silk worms)
4. Hard Skool (this was the leak I played regularly, but the release just didn’t grab me. It’s fine and all. But it ranks 4 here.)

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Jaxlmorrison2 wrote:

1. General and Monsters (assuming they’re “one”)
2. Perhaps (which I didn’t care for the leak, didn’t even keep it on my Phone.)
3. Absurd (and I hated silk worms)
4. Hard Skool (this was the leak I played regularly, but the release just didn’t grab me. It’s fine and all. But it ranks 4 here.)

Taking bucket off of Hard Skool is a fucking crime but at least we have both versions to listen to

Board footer