You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: The General and Monsters

otto wrote:
James wrote:

Otto and others...did you get the songs?

You new members who got the song here...

Send it to other new members when you see them ask. If you don't, you can look elsewhere when the next leak happens.

Got it, James, thanks for asking.
This community rocks.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Agreed. & a big thanks to who ever it was.

Has TB hassled you about this at all? What else leaked here way back?

Nope. They've never talked to me. I think they got the message back in the day when there was that attempt for the forums to all unite to ban/censor MSL to prevent leaks and I said they could fuck off.

Plus we were known back then as the outlaw forum and I said many times I was not for sale...don't give a fuck about "perks" such as emails and backstage passes.

Im pretty sure chicken dinner leaked here. Some of the Village discs might have or maybe hit the discord first. Not sure.

Some of those 2007 leaks hit our old forum (ROV) first.

Didn't that Walker guy leak a couple songs here years ago and everyone jumped his ass over the YouTube stuff?

the best thing about you and this forum is it was the only true forum for the fans that didn't kiss the bands or TBs butt for speical perks. Its why this is the only GNR forum I go to anymore.

One of the reasons I felt ok taking the hard stance I did is because I knew the Axl from our youth would have respected it. Maybe he did respect it in 2006-8.

He joined HTGTH, mygnr, CD.com and Evo in 2008 for chats.

Guess which one he didn't actually post on?

It pissed people off but it was a nice gesture. He didn't have to sign up at all. Could have ignored us like he did those other forums like newgnr, GNRsource, gnfnr, etc.

When the official GNR site posted the chat transcripts, they linked to the transcripts posted here instead of the others.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

It could have been that they were always meant to bleed into each other. Those orchestrations were really long and intricate

Everyone forgets the interludes... probably because it was only mentioned once.

Both these songs may have initially had an interlude sandwiched between them.

I wish we could've had the real Chinese Democracy before the leaks and long wait got out of control.

Even if the track list largely stays the same, it could've been different.

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:
James wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:

Nope. They've never talked to me. I think they got the message back in the day when there was that attempt for the forums to all unite to ban/censor MSL to prevent leaks and I said they could fuck off.

Plus we were known back then as the outlaw forum and I said many times I was not for sale...don't give a fuck about "perks" such as emails and backstage passes.

Im pretty sure chicken dinner leaked here. Some of the Village discs might have or maybe hit the discord first. Not sure.

Some of those 2007 leaks hit our old forum (ROV) first.

Didn't that Walker guy leak a couple songs here years ago and everyone jumped his ass over the YouTube stuff?

the best thing about you and this forum is it was the only true forum for the fans that didn't kiss the bands or TBs butt for speical perks. Its why this is the only GNR forum I go to anymore.

One of the reasons I felt ok taking the hard stance I did is because I knew the Axl from our youth would have respected it. Maybe he did respect it in 2006-8.

It pissed people off but it was a nice gesture. He didn't have to sign up at all. Could have ignored us like he did those other forums like newgnr, GNRsource, gnfnr, etc.

When the official GNR site posted the chat transcripts, they linked to the transcripts posted here instead of the others.

James, what happened to the gnfr forum?

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:

James refresh my mind on the interludes thing.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

It could have been that they were always meant to bleed into each other. Those orchestrations were really long and intricate

I wish we could've had the real Chinese Democracy before the leaks and long wait got out of control.

the interlude is eye on you tongue

James

James wrote:
wagszilla wrote:

I just looked it up and it's not in CD Whispers. Fuck.

It was probably a Stinson and/or Fortus email in 2005 and obviously all those types of things weren't archived. The majority of CD Whispers is articles/interviews.

I've said this before but a fuck ton of CD related content is lost to history.

We're lucky we have as much as we do.

To answer the question...

Tommy mentioned how it wasn't going to be a long album and they were working on interludes at the time (2004-5). Fortus might have mentioned it too.

Later I'm gonna try to find it buried on HTGTH.

James

James wrote:
younggunner wrote:
James wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

James, what happened to the gnfr forum?

I don't know the details. I only posted there sporadically and hadn't been on there since right after the Village Leaks. That Brasky thread there was their all time best thread.

It was forum drama that killed it. That much I do know.

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:
James wrote:
wagszilla wrote:

I just looked it up and it's not in CD Whispers. Fuck.

It was probably a Stinson and/or Fortus email in 2005 and obviously all those types of things weren't archived. The majority of CD Whispers is articles/interviews.

I've said this before but a fuck ton of CD related content is lost to history.

We're lucky we have as much as we do.

To answer the question...

Tommy mentioned how it wasn't going to be a long album and they were working on interludes at the time (2004-5). Fortus might have mentioned it too.

Later I'm gonna try to find it buried on HTGTH.

Ok, I vaguely remember that. I do remember Brain talking about Freeses post-TWAT drum solo and always wanting to hear that.

I think two albums 2000 Intentions and Chinese Democracy that are 8-10 songs long with extended sections and then cut into radio singles would be about honest with the quality of the past present and future material. That said, I don’t think it probably exists. I was disheartened to see so many discredit the Hard School intro on the Village intro. The worst thing about Silkworms to Absurd change is the cool bass line and drum section was dropped.

The problem is all these songs are too ranty and not sing songy, Axl is trying to catch up to material he can’t really fit into.

I’d love for it to be wrong.

James

James wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

the interlude is eye on you tongue

When listening to those discs I did wonder if some of that stuff was possibly used for interludes.

A shortened As It Began has interlude written all over it. So does Nothing.

The long CD intro on the album may have been a surviving interlude. Years earlier it might not have opened the album..but been the bridge that leads to another track.

Board footer