You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: The General and Monsters

metallex78 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I agee with you, its IMO by far the worst GNR song ever made. If you listen to the instrumentals underneath you will hate it even more bc like I said even the guitar parts and cut and pasted together.

Get In The Ring is far and away the most embarrassing GNR song to date….awful in every way

That riff tho.

Riffs and solos in GITR more than make up for the questionable lyrics

Sky Dog wrote:

The song would be good without Axl’s rant and the silly stuff at the end….imo

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Shotgun Blues lyrics are the most immature.

Get in the Ring is funny in an adolescent way.

Sky Dog wrote:

Forgot about that one! It’s embarrassing as well….both stink!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

It's incredible that about a week ago we got The General and possibly also Soul Monster and already the forums are a ghost town againa nd the buzz is gone.

The drip feed approach really kills the hype + it shows how this saga has just taken way too long.

The band should formally announce some of their future plans - like if they're actually doing a new album then just announce that you are doing that. Right now... the future of the band feels like it's entering a 03-05 silent era.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

It's incredible that about a week ago we got The General and possibly also Soul Monster and already the forums are a ghost town againa nd the buzz is gone.

The drip feed approach really kills the hype + it shows how this saga has just taken way too long.

The band should formally announce some of their future plans - like if they're actually doing a new album then just announce that you are doing that. Right now... the future of the band feels like it's entering a 03-05 silent era.

I think it is entering a silent era...they'll come out of hibernation for the farewell/anniversary tour in two years.

Yeah it is crazy we got the two big enchiladas and the forums are already going back to business as usual.

What helps kill it so quickly is the fact they never actually comment on these songs. ZERO info across the board.

So we talk about em for a week, listen on a loop for days, and then it's over. Time for the next drip which is probably not coming...at least anytime soon.

There's no reason to release Atlas or another song now. They aren't doing anything! No tickets in need of some promotion to help sell them.

If another tour leg was starting, yeah Atlas might be on tap.

Worst song topic...

My World
Shotgun Blues
Get In The Ring
Scraped

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Most embarrassing song is So Fine

I like it.

Its only problem is being sandwiched between the album's epics.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Monsters showing up out of nowhere suggests there is something more in play than just the Perhaps vinyl.

7-inch records can hold between 4-6 minutes of recorded music on each side

So it didn't come from there.

It makes no sense for the band to leak it. There's no evidence the hoarders had access to it. That only leaves some physical disc available to be ripped somewhere.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Just got my email confirming the 7" is delayed. lol the message to tell me it's delayed was ironically also delayed.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Monsters showing up out of nowhere suggests there is something more in play than just the Perhaps vinyl.

7-inch records can hold between 4-6 minutes of recorded music on each side

So it didn't come from there.

It makes no sense for the band to leak it. There's no evidence the hoarders had access to it. That only leaves some physical disc available to be ripped somewhere.

It allegedly came from a recording studio and is about a year old mix

Board footer