You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: The General and Monsters

jimmythegent wrote:

God lord. Back to the amateurish mixing and production after getting a proper professional mix for Perhaps. Can they not hear how bad those drums sound plus they are clipping like crazy. And that ending is the weakest Gn’R ending in their catalogue to date.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Compare the latest Stones album to Sticky Fingers or Exile On Main Street? Same shit for Guns. These guys will never recapture the past….The Who?

These type of rock bands don’t get better with age.

Most of this board is 100% unrealistic.

Even my boy James, give me some numbers on Soundgarden’s last record. You just can’t recapture that ‘it’ factor

It is what it is….you guys are arguing about a few songs that were written 20 years ago!

I wasn't referring to the quality of the actual material. Obviously none of these ancient bands are going to be as good as they were back in the day.  That Stones album isn't Sticky Fingers...hell it's not even Steel Wheels.

The new Stones album does sound better than these leftovers...

Soundgarden...

Here's a couple that destroy these leftovers...in both song and mixing quality.

Would you rather have Adam Kasper and Joe Barresi handling leftovers...or Caram and Axl?

King Animal for me, sits very comfortably in their discography alongside their classics.

I also haven’t enjoyed an album like I’m enjoying Hackney Diamonds in some time. Love it

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Just released in Brazil.
Listened on good speakers. It's less compressed than the leak but still...a mess.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Shocker that DNA tests conclude it's the same as the leak.

Even more shocking, a solid track like monsters (any iteration of the band's version) sits in the vault despite being better than 1/4 or more of the tracks on CD.

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:

They just released it on their youtube

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Christ is that all it is.

So much wank for so many years over this shit and most of it is garbage.

Seriously the constant tone of this song and his voice fucking hurt my ears, it was so monotonous and grating.

Fuck all these Chinese leftovers off and start from scratch if you want even the slimmest chance of getting something reasonable written and recorded.  Oh and if you are serious, pick up the phone to Izzy and see if you can get him involved too.

I know I know, none of any of that will happen.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I don't get the thinking.

"Yeah, so, we have one of the most distinctive rock vocalists ever... so we're going to make it sound like he's singing through a tape recorder over a 1993 landline phone... and burry that in the mix. And then we're just going to turn everything to 9 so everything is loud."

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah..why half ass it when you finally reach the point you're gonna release it?

The fact Axl and Slash went to that studio on tour to listen to mixes makes it even more perplexing. I'd like to have been a fly on the wall in that room.

At least it's out. You cam actually go online and hear it after 20 years of wondering about it.

Now let's get the next song on tap! 16

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
James wrote:

Yeah..why half ass it when you finally reach the point you're gonna release it?

The fact Axl and Slash went to that studio on tour to listen to mixes makes it even more perplexing. I'd like to have been a fly on the wall in that room.

At least it's out. You cam actually go online and hear it after 20 years of wondering about it.

Now let's get the next song on tap! 16

I'm to the point that I have no sell the lunacy that has become the now long tenured, status quo. Everything since spaghetti has been a head scratcher production wise. The Beavin sessions were really great and the RTB mixes are IMO the apex of the band post Slash and Duff. Yet we got what seemed to be an on the fly version of CD. Those village instrumentals certainly fueled my alternate reality scenarios regarding what could have been.

Even if an Eye on You (bucket take 3, version Tom likes) is on tap, I'll gladly quench my thirst. I feel like I could obey my thirst better if a reheated, leftover version of quick song was next on tap though.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The band works on who they like and who will accept the status quo not who is best.

Sorum for instance is a much better drummer than Frank, but the band think's "fuck him" so we have Frank.

Melissa was hired for being mates with Brain not because she's any better or worse than anyone else. Brain was hired for being mates with bucket...even though both of them are badass musicians.

Video company who wanted to be paid to film the reunion can fuck off cos no matter how many hundreds of Milions they net its best to pay someone who will do it cheaper. Hell, were they even paying DJ and Bumble when in the band? I'm sure the sysop of a forum who hated Slash because you do, and loves him again now you're friends is a great photographer too and totally worth carting around.

Meanwhile i'm sure Slash and Duff will risk the payday of a lifetime to tell Axl he needs to rearrange his song, meanwhile without them, who knows maybe if we just wait 30 more years the outro will come to Axl.

I can see why they have released things as are. It's this or nothing. Axl has lost his voice, Slash is playing as a shell of what he could do 10 years back. It's probably 5, max of 10 years till someone in classic GNR is dead. The music business only makes money from touring anymore, and your touring audience is old people who have 5 more shows max left in them, the younger generations do not like this type of music or appriciate why GNR was above average at it.

Rome is burning. Might as well do something with the hours we have left.

Board footer