You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: NFL 2023/24 season

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Not much football discussion this season.

On Monday I watched the first Bears game in about 4-6 weeks. They won...but that was an ugly game. I didn't realize the Bears get the #1 and #4 picks in the draft. They better not waste those.

Like all seasons in the parity era, it's topsy turvy in comparison to the previous season. Some teams that were good now suck...and vice versa.

There's a Barry Sanders documentary on Amazon that looks really good. Gonna have to watch it soon. Always felt sorry for him. One of the greatest players in history yet had to waste his career in Detroit.

This season sucks just in terms of play that's why.  This is like the worst season in terms of having good legit SB contending teams.   There are just a bunch of frauds who have winning records.  MIA, JAX, SEA, maybe DET.   A lot of the games are flat out boring and feature shit play from both of the teams.  The primetime games are a bore.  I've skipped out on several SNF games and just enjoyed a movie instead.  The list of truly awful teams are like 10 deep (that includes my Titans).  Brady is correct when he says football isn't as good as it was 10 years ago.

The best 4 teams are; SF, PHI, BAL, and KC.  I think SF is probably the best if everything is clicking and no injuries.  They just seem to have it all really.  PHI has the best record but they seem a step down from last year.  KC is hurt by the lack of reliable WR.  The question with the Ravens is always the same whether or not Lamar can beat teams via the pass in the playoffs.

Bears picks, first overall is going to be a QB.  Fields isn't the answer at this point, move on.  4th pick is either a WR or LT.  I'd guess LT but I have no idea how much they like Jones the incumnbent LT.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That was a pretty good wild card weekend. Dallas getting throttled the highlight.

Im so sick of the NFL turning into the Taylor Swift show. It's beyond ridiculous. I had to skip that game after they showed her a handful of times. I can't stand that look on her face. She gets off on it.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
James wrote:

That was a pretty good wild card weekend. Dallas getting throttled the highlight.

Im so sick of the NFL turning into the Taylor Swift show. It's beyond ridiculous. I had to skip that game after they showed her a handful of times. I can't stand that look on her face. She gets off on it.

My team didn't make the playoffs. CJ stroud was pretty awesome this year. The best consolation prize was GB handing Dallas their asses. I'm rooting for Bal and TB.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I may not even watch it this year. It's the worst matchup possible.

Chiefs win the Taylor Bowl.

Had the NFL known a year ago that this craze would happen, she would've performed the halftime show.

I was already losing interest in football. This season almost killed it completely.

Board footer