You are not logged in. Please register or login.
- Topics: Active | Unanswered
Re: Axl is in the Studio but what for?
Scabbie wrote:I really hoped my #1 band as a kid growing up could have delivered more.
I've been waiting for the proper follow up to UYI for over 30 years, and I'm 48 now. That's insane to think when I put it into figures like that, but here we all are... still waiting...
I'm 51. Some Evo members (like sky dog) are in their 60s. It's fucking crazy how much time has passed.
Yeah...it blows my mind how in 91, so much excitement and it felt like it was just the beginning for them creatively. We didn't know that it was pretty much over already.
If I could go back to the late 90s, I would not have started following them online to the extent I did. For starters...they didn't deserve that level of loyal fandom.
I also wish I had immediately picked up on the bait and switch con of the new GNR years.
It was never about moving forward...it was about keeping the band/brand in a holding pattern until the reunion could finally come to fruition. All the drama and assorted nonsense a mere distraction/entertainment.
It's over now. CD leftovers was the last juice in the carton. We should have gotten that 1996 album.
I'm at the point where I seriously doubt this ever existed beyond a handful of sketches/instrumentals.
They've been back together a decade and not one single comment on this lost album.
They've been blowing smoke up our asses for decades. They only stopped when they realized they didn't have to do it anymore...and you just aim the tours at the casual crowd.
Re: Axl is in the Studio but what for?
Perhaps not an actual album was ready, but the band seems to have had a ton of creativity back then. They could probably have whipped up something fairly quickly. Even Axl was prolific in the late 90s.
Bands have their time. When you get past 40 things start to dry up. This is why that period was so critical. The last 20 years have not really been wasted. Nostalgia tours are the name of the game for old artists. Even if there is an album it will tend to be weak stuff. At this point I don't really care what they do.
Re: Axl is in the Studio but what for?
At this point I don't really care what they do.
Neither do I.
Other than one more leak, only thing I would hope for (highly unlikely) is they enter a Floyd/Mac period where they start focusing on releasing special/deluxe editions and box sets which could potentially contain some gold nuggets...and they unload them on a regular basis.
UYI Remix (finished years ago)
TSI with added songs
CD remix with bonus discs
87-91 concerts
They're not going to do anything new so I'm done pretending they ever will. Hell...my above list is unlikely even though it's just rotting in their vault.
I don't even care about The Perfect Crime anymore now that I know it's just showing the Gilby tour and it was nothing more than a promo for the coming TSI.

- Bill Brasky
- Rep: 0
Re: Axl is in the Studio but what for?
Team Brazil and Axl don't seem to comprehend that the nostalgia is gone.
The fan base is aging and losing interest.
The younger generations have a short attentions span.
They have treated the fanbase like shit for 3 decades. Time is aslo not on the bands side, father time waits for no man.
The attention the band has now will only decrease each year. Last year 2 cd leftovers were released Nothin' and Atlas and 2 leaks of better quality versions of Monsters and Children Of The Revolution occurred followed up by a world tour this year and yet the fanbase continues to lose interest because it was too little and too late.
Carrie Underwood isn't a rising star or on the level of Taylor Swift her star is fading hence the switch from country to Rock.
If Axl and Team Brazil think it will be anything more then Robert Plant and Allison Krause type of the thing attention and success wise then the joke is on them.
As it has been on the fanbase since 1993.
