You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Differences in the "old" new leaks....

Sky Dog wrote:

outside of The Blues outro, I hear NO Richard at all.:/

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Bbf is definently not on these tracks.  BH is all over these songs, that's for damn sure. 

I would also like to say that it is fucking time to release this album.  All the leaks we've heard so far have proven that Axl can make some amazing music without his former band mates.  So bury AFD and move on.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Where the hell do these leaks come from anyway?  The ones from a couple years ago came from some guy in Portugal or something right? 

Anyhow, listening to TWAT right now.  That outro guitar solo is F'ing killer.  Stands up to anything the original lineup (Slash) ever did, in my opinion.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

And by the way, I really don't hear much of a difference in the "new" versions of the old leaks.  I don't have an ear for little differences but they sound as good as ever to me.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Good to know these leaks are pre-2006. I get more and more scared as the leaks seem to get newer and newer and are still very polarizing and mixed poorly..

I'm honestly looking forward to hearing BBF and Fortus on the tracks we have now. Especially BBF... one of the main complaints about this newer material is that it sounds too layed and robotic and given the fact that BBF said he was "adding that old GNR swagger guitar" back into the mix (does anyone remember when he said that?) I'm pretty sure the final mix is going to sound incredible.

And like James said earlier (perhaps in another thread) a Buckethead fan can instantly hear the BH in these songs, so the idea of BH as most leads, BBF as some leads and rythm, Fortus (I know James doesn't like Fortus lol but I do) as some leads and rythm, and Finck is enough to get anyone excited.

Lastly, I am 10000000000000% sure these Axl vocals HAVE to be placeholders and have since been re-recorded.

So in actuality, I think these demo leaks are confirming to me that this album (and albums after?) are going to be, at least musically speaking, a great success. Once everything is mixed properly, the swagger is added back by Bumble, Axl puts on some final vocals, and it's mastered this shit is going to be good to go. Nevermind that fact that we haven't heard heavier songs like "The General" and "Sorry."

Any thoughts? I think it's a good time to be a GNR fan as the leaks are confirming the album is at least backed by something and given proper mixing will sound fantastic.

jonesy2
 Rep: 0 

jonesy2 wrote:

Bucket is too quiet in maddy, his melody during the samples is just drowned out!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The songs dont need any "BBF swagger". I really hope Axl has taken a fresh listen to the tracks in the vault,  and realizes his vision years ago does not need to be erased.

If the material needed swagger, it would have been added long before BBF entered the picture.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The songs dont need any "BBF swagger".

Without being a major BBF fan, I would say "yes they do". Sometimes they sound too electronic. BBF is right thinking the guitar sounds too much like that and want some old GNR swagger in there. He is absolutely right.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
axl rose wrote:

some will think it doesn't sound like Guns N Roses

Axl's original direction is good enough and doesn't need artificial swagger added.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The songs dont need any "BBF swagger". I really hope Axl has taken a fresh listen to the tracks in the vault,  and realizes his vision years ago does not need to be erased.

If the material needed swagger, it would have been added long before BBF entered the picture.

These songs sound robotic. None of the guitars have real heaviness and the treble sounds awful. There needs to be changes and I'm glad BFF has confirmed adding a more loose gritty rhythm to the songs on the upcoming album

Axl's old vision years ago was Oh My God and Silkworms, and although I would be interested in hearing those songs (and even 2 albums full of songs in that style) for songs like Chinese Democracy and other leaks we have, they just sound stale.

Board footer