You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Re: The Reason Behind The Delay Of "Chinese Democracy"....?

PaSnow wrote:

Mysteron is right, this makes total sense. The cd is turned in, artwork etc completed. They just do not want to release this album. Yes that's it. WAHHHHHHH the label won't release CD, wAHHHHHHH. WAHHHHHH the label has a grudge against Axl WAHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHH the label wants Axl to pay 13 million before they release it, otherwise they will hold onto it forever WAHHHHHHHHH WWAHHHHHHH protest the record company, they are evil WAHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHH it's the record companies fault WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Seriously, you'd have to be from another planet to believe this. The label would LOVE to release this. The only hint of truth that might be in this,  is if Axl said "I'll turn the masters in if........." (if the label does this ______ ie. renogitiate the contract, forgive the 13 mil advance etc etc). But in no way, whatsoever do I believe the master was handed in, and is just sitting on somebody's desk because the label has a vandetta or grudge against Axl. Absolutely not. The label is trying to make money. Selling a GnR record would do just that.

+ 1 

Completely agree.

Some people just refuse to see the obvious. They rather put the blame on everyone or everything instead of the 1 person that they should be.

bba

Sky Dog wrote:

Pasnow...where did Mysteron say there is any animosity or that the record company has a vendetta against Axl? Talk about reading in to things in a negative way. Like James said, they are probably simply deciding what to do with it and when to do it. They have alot at stake. They certainly are NOT going to rush it out there after all this time. That is the absolute worst thing they could do.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Well, if you want to "read into it" Mysteron doesn't say the label has hold of the finished album. He just says "The delay is being caused by the record company."  By that,  they may not have received the masters. Therefore, they may not have the album, have heard the album, or have an album to release. So why would they decide what to do with it when they may not even have it. Why waste time & resources. Don't bother.

Once again, Mysteron's vagueness is irrelevant.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I agree, there's no sense in rushing it(you know what I mean). We've waited this long, so they figure a few more months aint gonna kill anybody.

I really think they should aim for christmas like I said in that other thread. Not likely, but its something they should consider.

If its truly finished and Uni is just deciding on when to pull the trigger, I can easily see us going into the 1st quarter of next year with nothing. Maybe get a concrete date before summer.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Christmas is right out... Therefore we're looking at May. I still don't think the label has it, until I hear it from a source more valid than a poster on a website. Regardless if he goes by a name like "Mysteron"

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Jameslofton wrote:

I agree, there's no sense in rushing it(you know what I mean).

If its truly finished and Uni is just deciding on when to pull the trigger, I can easily see us going into the 1st quarter of next year with nothing. Maybe get a concrete date before summer.

Remember how "recording was complete" this past January. People were swearing up and down that this album would be out no later than summer 07'. Now here we are 2 months from 08'. This is just another excuse for another delay. Every other band in this world is able to put out an album but these guys.  roll

I'm with Pasnow - I say that the label doesn't have this album in their possesion. It's just more vague excuses on Mysteron's part.

bba

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

In my opinion this is just more bullshit.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Outliving Axl is my hope at the moment.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

From a few hours ago...

Mysteron wrote:

The delay is being caused by the record company. The ball is in their court now.

Why?  They've been waiting for the fucking album for a decade like the rest of us. They aren't going to delay it now.

Board footer