You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Bumble playing with a (tribute) GNR

James wrote:
supaplex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Well, that's something you'll never see Bucket doing.

Didn't you get the memo? Bucket shits on the name and exploits it every chance he gets. Been doing it for years. Axl and the nutswingers said so. That means its true even though it never happened.

The reason I jump on these types of threads is because of the hypocrisy of the situation. If Bucket or Paul Huge were doing this(now or when they were in the band), the people loving this would be hating it and screaming bloody murder.

i still don't see what advantages bumble got out of playing with a tribute band. promoting his solo album? let's be serious, there were a couple hundred people there at a gig no one else than gnr fans knew about. money? i doubt he did it because they paid him, maybe they paid for his drinks.

and why do you imply that if bucket would do the same thing it would be the complete opposite reaction. i've been around this board for some time and i still fail to see the bucket hate you say it's everywhere.

i still think bucket is the best new-era gnr guitar player. i still think he wrote great tunes for gnr. i still think axl is an ass for re-recording his parts. doesn't mean i can't give bumble credit for playing with a tribute band. and if slash or bucket or 'insert gnr member past or present here' would do it i would still say it was really cool of them to do so, no matter for how long they've been in the band and in what period of time.

why do you have to see a marketing plot in everything some of these guys do. why is it so hard to believe it was all in good fun? you never do something just for fun in your life? yes, there have been situations where the gnr name was used for marketing by some of them, this ain't one of those times.

I don't think I've ever insinuated he was gonna cash a billion dollar check for doing this show.

I didn't say the Bucket hate is everywhere. It used to be everywhere. I've seen your name around these sites for years and I highly doubt you forgot that.

You don't see a lot of Bucket hate here because most of the people here like the songs and its insane to hate someone on a song you like.

Yeah this isn't as bad as some of the prior fleecings of the name, but you cant say with a straight face that people wouldn't have bitched in 2004 if Bucket went onstage with a tribute AFD lineup. There would have been cyber riots.

Thats the point I'm trying to make. Not that he committed a cardinal sin, but how there's a double standard involved in this.

I just think this type of shit is ridiculous when the lineup that did the bulk of the recording was held to such a high standard but when new guys walk in they have carte blanche.

normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

Guns N' Roses fans take things too seriously.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't think I've ever insinuated he was gonna cash a billion dollar check for doing this show.

I didn't say the Bucket hate is everywhere. It used to be everywhere. I've seen your name around these sites for years and I highly doubt you forgot that.

You don't see a lot of Bucket hate here because most of the people here like the songs and its insane to hate someone on a song you like.

Yeah this isn't as bad as some of the prior fleecings of the name, but you cant say with a straight face that people wouldn't have bitched in 2004 if Bucket went onstage with a tribute AFD lineup. There would have been cyber riots.

Thats the point I'm trying to make. Not that he committed a cardinal sin, but how there's a double standard involved in this.

I just think this type of shit is ridiculous when the lineup that did the bulk of the recording was held to such a high standard but when new guys walk in they have carte blanche.

i know you didn't say he's gonna cash a billion dollar check, but there's no marketing advantage in any way shape or form that i can see in his 'special guest star' appearance.

maybe they get a carte blanche because people following this band for the last ten years got tired of all the bullshit and stopped caring. the actual band members can do whatever they want, use the name guns n' roses however they want, it's a joke in the music industry anyways.

maybe in '04 some people would've bitched around because they still felt there was a band to relate to and we were still fighting the label of 'revolving door of musicians'. then, bucket left and it all went into 'circus act' mode. not even the core gnr fans knew who's in the band so we got used to the situation. i would love to hold the current line-up to high standards but i don't know who's in the band, or if there's a band anymore.

still, with all that i've said, i still think that it was a cool thing for bumble to do and i would say that for every person that was/is in the band no matter when it would've happened.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
supaplex wrote:

maybe they get a carte blanche because people following this band for the last ten years got tired of all the bullshit and stopped caring. the actual band members can do whatever they want, use the name guns n' roses however they want, it's a joke in the music industry anyways.

maybe in '04 some people would've bitched around because they still felt there was a band to relate to and we were still fighting the label of 'revolving door of musicians'. then, bucket left and it all went into 'circus act' mode. not even the core gnr fans knew who's in the band so we got used to the situation. i would love to hold the current line-up to high standards but i don't know who's in the band, or if there's a band anymore.

Well, you certainly make good points there.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I really cannot believe this issue has gotten three pages. I could care less what Ron does under the GN'R name. The man has contributed studio time to the band, as well as two years of his life with touring. It doesn't affect me one way or the other.

GN'R fans sometimes have this thing where they think they're defenders of the guard when it comes to Guns N' Roses legacy. That went out the window LONG AGO, when W. Axl Rose decided to continue on GN'R as a brand name.

Not my fault or yours or Ron's or Slash's.... blame Axl.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I really cannot believe this issue has gotten three pages. I could care less what Ron does under the GN'R name. The man has contributed studio time to the band, as well as two years of his life with touring. It doesn't affect me one way or the other.

GN'R fans sometimes have this thing where they think they're defenders of the guard when it comes to Guns N' Roses legacy. That went out the window LONG AGO, when W. Axl Rose decided to continue on GN'R as a brand name.

Not my fault or yours or Ron's or Slash's.... blame Axl.

We can't blame Axl.  He's busy blaming everybody else.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If he is on this.... he's totally right.

Board footer